Android Client 5.5

additional Client information
User avatar
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 961
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1150 times
Been thanked: 450 times

Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Madsonic » 07 Nov 2013, 21:41


Android Client 5.5


Google Android Play Store Link

Amazon App Store Link

Release Note

General
  • deep App Linking/Redirector
  • Mainview: new added Songs
  • Mainview: last played Songs
  • Update Madsonic Widgets
  • add Lockscreen Widget
  • add Theme Flawless
  • add Album Star Button
  • add Album Share Button
  • new search suggestion provider
  • support installation on Google TV
  • support Android 4.4+
  • Use Roboto Thin font (API 16+)
  • support serverside Lyric API 1.10.2
  • new Podcast View (add/remove only for Admins)
  • support Starred Items on Notification
  • support to show/hide Podcast/Search/Chat Tab
  • added more Links to Actionbar
  • updated Settingslayout
  • updated Themes
  • use Google Playstore Libaries
  • small Bugfixes
best regards

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 4):
ClayboymlutzowrZnlmike6453

Clayboy
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 04:56
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Clayboy » 08 Nov 2013, 02:48

Awesome can't wait... looks super slick.... do you plan on integrating pandora mode into the client or sunny theme.... i think that will push this app to the next level... good job your work is amazing
These users thanked the author Clayboy for the post:
Madsonic

imnotme
Posts: 5
Joined: 30 Oct 2013, 13:50
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by imnotme » 15 Nov 2013, 14:58

Hi, first of all thanks for a great product!

Is there anyway to have the player on the lockscreen?

imnotme
Posts: 5
Joined: 30 Oct 2013, 13:50
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by imnotme » 15 Nov 2013, 15:15

Looking great!

User avatar
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 961
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1150 times
Been thanked: 450 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Madsonic » 16 Nov 2013, 16:54

other 5.5 Changes ...

Image Image Image Image Image Image

imnotme
Posts: 5
Joined: 30 Oct 2013, 13:50
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by imnotme » 16 Nov 2013, 17:10

Looks tasty!

gurutech
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 323
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 04:56
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by gurutech » 16 Nov 2013, 19:45

Dumb question, but how do we auto-update this app from the Amazon store? I purchased 5.4 from the Amazon store since it was cheaper than Google. I can update other google apps fairly easily, but this is the only app I've downloaded from Amazon (other than Amazon itself), so I don't know how it can be updated....

User avatar
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 961
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1150 times
Been thanked: 450 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Madsonic » 16 Nov 2013, 22:19

gurutech wrote:Dumb question, but how do we auto-update this app from the Amazon store? I purchased 5.4 from the Amazon store since it was cheaper than Google. I can update other google apps fairly easily, but this is the only app I've downloaded from Amazon (other than Amazon itself), so I don't know how it can be updated....
The App will update on both stores automatically, but 5.5 is at the moment in test-phase and will be released next week.

best regards

Clayboy
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 04:56
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Clayboy » 17 Nov 2013, 08:08

Madevil wrote:
gurutech wrote:Dumb question, but how do we auto-update this app from the Amazon store? I purchased 5.4 from the Amazon store since it was cheaper than Google. I can update other google apps fairly easily, but this is the only app I've downloaded from Amazon (other than Amazon itself), so I don't know how it can be updated....
The App will update on both stores automatically, but 5.5 is at the moment in test-phase and will be released next week.

best regards
if you need any extra testers let me know... i literally use the app everyday

msndebord
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 04:16
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by msndebord » 27 Nov 2013, 05:59

What's the status on pandora mode for the android client?

pajamas
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 20:11
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by pajamas » 05 Dec 2013, 16:26

I love the beta app.

I had an issue trying to share, the link that it sent out had localhost:4040 instead of the link to my server. am I doing something wrong?

gurutech
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 323
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 04:56
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by gurutech » 05 Dec 2013, 16:44

pajamas wrote:I love the beta app.

I had an issue trying to share, the link that it sent out had localhost:4040 instead of the link to my server. am I doing something wrong?
Try turning off Wifi and share over 3g/4g, or connect to a wifi that's NOT your home network.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
Madsonic

raidflex
Posts: 15
Joined: 29 Apr 2013, 21:47
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by raidflex » 06 Dec 2013, 16:58

Any plans for adding the pandora feature that's in the main Madsonic interface?

pajamas
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 20:11
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by pajamas » 06 Dec 2013, 20:48

I tried on 3g/4g and on other wifi than my home and keep getting localhost:4040

GJ51
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 191
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 17:52
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by GJ51 » 06 Dec 2013, 21:20

Check Settings/Network

You need to use an external URL, not localhost:4040.

The easiest way is to use a Subsonic vanity redirect URL

Access your server over the Internet using an easy-to-remember address.

http://servername.subsonic.org

Status: Successfully registered web address.

Then your links will look like:

http://corbinmusic.subsonic.org/share/ORnpm
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic

rolandow
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 14:35
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by rolandow » 31 Dec 2013, 15:07

I can't find the app in Google Play store if I follow the link in the OP.

User avatar
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 961
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1150 times
Been thanked: 450 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by Madsonic » 31 Dec 2013, 19:44

rolandow wrote:I can't find the app in Google Play store if I follow the link in the OP.
I'm sorry for the intricateness.

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 2504#p2498

baggar11
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Dec 2013, 19:39
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by baggar11 » 07 Jan 2014, 18:22

Hi Madevil,

New user to madsonic here and love it. Thanks for your work on the project. Currently, I'm using the subsonic Android app, but would love to support your android app. A couple people have asked about a toggle for pandora mode in the android, but has gone unanswered. What plans do you have for that? For me, that would be the one killer feature of the android app.

baggar11

binhex
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Jan 2014, 11:05
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by binhex » 16 Jan 2014, 11:32

hi madsonic, just to let you know i purchased the android app via amazon and it works well :-). i have a feature request, dont know how difficult this is but would love the ability for madsonic android app to detect if your connected to your home wi-fi or not, if you are connected then automatically use your internal server details, if on 3g/4g then use remote server details.

at the moment i need to remember to switch my server connection when home, and the same when im out and about, would love a more intelligent (automated) way of doing this.

skopo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 68
Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 07:48
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Android Client 5.5

Unread post by skopo » 16 Jan 2014, 15:04

binhex wrote:hi madsonic, just to let you know i purchased the android app via amazon and it works well :-). i have a feature request, dont know how difficult this is but would love the ability for madsonic android app to detect if your connected to your home wi-fi or not, if you are connected then automatically use your internal server details, if on 3g/4g then use remote server details.

at the moment i need to remember to switch my server connection when home, and the same when im out and about, would love a more intelligent (automated) way of doing this.
I have been playing with these a lot. How your local and remote adress are different from each other?

Post Reply