IOS client?

Tools & More for Madsonic
genimac

IOS client?

Unread post by genimac »

Not sure where to put it so I ended here.
Have you considered making an IOS version of the client?
I just send a little bribe to make you think on it :-)
These users thanked the author genimac for the post:
lolomm
Rating: 7.69%
skopo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: IOS client?

Unread post by skopo »

What would be the best client to use madsonic with iOS device?
DarthNerdus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by DarthNerdus »

I just release a new iOS Subsonic client called Audiophone on the App Store. I'd link it too you, but unfortunately the forum thinks that's a little too spammy.
skopo
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by skopo »

DarthNerdus wrote:I just release a new iOS Subsonic client called Audiophone on the App Store. I'd link it too you, but unfortunately the forum thinks that's a little too spammy.
Looks very nice testing right now.
Support for folders and playlists needed so far.
ba77osai

Unread post by ba77osai »

I can recommend iSub, has a perfect caching system inside and working like a charm :) (Also get regulary updates!)
DarthNerdus

skopo wrote:
DarthNerdus wrote:I just release a new iOS Subsonic client called Audiophone on the App Store. I'd link it too you, but unfortunately the forum thinks that's a little too spammy.
Looks very nice testing right now.
Support for folders and playlists needed so far.
Thanks for the compliments!

Better Folder-based browsing has been a huge request and is at the top of the roadmap right now, along with better tag-based browsing for the user to decide which they prefer. Server-side and on-the-fly playlists and offline song-caching are there as well, along with a huge list of other features I hope to make happen.
rixton

Unread post by rixton »

Looking forward for folder-base navigation!
It does work fine using my external IP, but when I try connect to my server by any of my hostnames (x.subsonic.org, my private .org domain, or dyndns.org adresses), it just states "Login failed."
Works fine using both the webrowser and iSub with the same adresses
DarthNerdus

rixton wrote:Looking forward for folder-base navigation!
It does work fine using my external IP, but when I try connect to my server by any of my hostnames (x.subsonic.org, my private .org domain, or dyndns.org adresses), it just states "Login failed."
Works fine using both the webrowser and iSub with the same adresses
Sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting, would you mind reaching out to support@audiophoneapp.com? I'd love to get more information about your setup and try to sort out what's causing the issue.
mea

Unread post by mea »

Hi there !

I am happy to see that someone finally decided to build a new client on IOS.
Isub is pretty damn cool, but its developer was hired by Apple and stopped the development of the app. This means no new cool feature will be added anymore...

Do you app also support cache (local download of the files to idevice) and scrobbling to last fm ?
I would also LOVE to be able to star my tracks and sync them with last.fm (loved tracks).
I also purchased one of those philips hue ligthbulbs and would LOVE to see a way to get them react when I play music from my adsonic server.
please check out this video to see what I am speaking about :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjXzdmjPMhU

Can you please confirm what is, and is not present in your app that isub already provide ? and do you think a hue integration would be an option ? that would be SOOOO COOOOL!!!
mea

Unread post by mea »

Just had a look to the description of the app. It seems it currently miss file caching (essential to take your music on the go for travelling...).
It also seems you should think about implementing the "quick" menu (random albums, most listened albums, recently added albums, top rated...)
search missing album art on the internet -> save to folder.jpg
and connected light bulbs support for super parties at home ! :)
DarthNerdus

Thanks for the feedback, mea.

Cached music is on the roadmap and it's definitely a priority. As to the quick menu, I'll add your vote for the feature but I don't have any timeline for that. There was actually a feature for automatically finding album art and displaying it within the application, but I'm not sure if having the application manage the retrieval of images for the Subsonic server would be a good fit – I'll have to think on that some more.

And light bulbs support would be really awesome, actually. No idea when/if we'll get to something like that (it may be better for another, separate app), but it certainly sounds cool!
triptol

Unread post by triptol »

Video support. I am on the road a lot and I use madsonic to watch my series in hotels on my iPad. I could switch to plex for that, but I don't like their security model (having user authentication in the cloud is probably the dumbest security decision I have seen in the last years).
DarthNerdus

triptol wrote:Video support. I am on the road a lot and I use madsonic to watch my series in hotels on my iPad. I could switch to plex for that, but I don't like their security model (having user authentication in the cloud is probably the dumbest security decision I have seen in the last years).
Thanks for the input, I've added your +1 to the feature request.

To be forward though, video support isn't on our radar right now and I don't want to give the impression this feature will see the light of day anytime soon, if ever.
skopo
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by skopo »

I've been using iSub for primary all-features in one app. And bought audiophone to support their work. I have some high hopes for audiophone because I really like the UI.
mea

Unread post by mea »

Hey there!

Is cache mode now available in audiophone? This is really the most important feature to me for now with quick menu.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk