Now Playing

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Now Playing

Unread post by gurutech »

I know this may not actually be possible, but if it is, I would like to see this....

Have the "Now Playing" show the actual song that is playing when listening to music from a mobile device (or as I am now discovering, from the "Thumper" app on my Mac).

Currently, when I listen to music from my desktop or laptop via the web browser, the "Now Playing" will show the actual song that is being played. But when I listen to music from my mobile device, it shows the "current" song as the one that is being cached, not the one that is actually playing.

I also use the "signature" mod, and this does the same thing (presuming this is because it pulls the same information as the "Now Playing" script.

Any idea if this can be fixed, or even if caching can be completely disabled on mobile devices (as a user setting?)
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Now Playing

Unread post by GJ51 »

Set Songs to preload to 1
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Now Playing

Unread post by gurutech »

Done that. Seems to work OK on my Android, but the option isn't available (that I have found anyway) on Thumper. I tried the "Shuffle" feature in Thumper, and I thought it was working initially, but after a few songs, I noticed the difference in songs being listed...