where is the madsonic source code?

Need help? Post your questions here.
norcalscott

Re: where is the madsonic source code?

Unread post by norcalscott »

Thanks ffa and otherland for being douchebags and berating a very reactive developer into submission. I have seen this so many times with GPL and open source projects. How about next time, rather than starting off aggressively challenging the developer, offer your "help" first with managing source files.

I hope the developer can look past this bad behavior and keep developing what I believe is the perfect media manager branch of Subsonic.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

The developer has already announced that he has not abandoned the project and all involved have already been adequately flamed. Let's all move on in a positive way if possible please.

It's apparent that perhaps ME wasn't in total compliance with the Open Sauce rules and more than likely it was because he was giving us the benefit of releasing multiple builds very quickly for us to test. The end result is probably that he won't release interim builds as often so that he doesn't have to update the source code as frequently. I'm not speaking for him, but that's what I would do in his situation,

The whole thing does nothing more than to reinforce the old adage, "No good deed shall go unpunished."

Don't worry , Be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
mtnkodiak
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by mtnkodiak »

Methinks Mr. Madsonic needs some tougher skin. I saw nowhere that he was "berated", and heaven forbid that we uphold open source standards if it might hurt a fragile developer's feelings.

Hey, I'm a fan and advocate of Madsonic-- I like the fork and what has been done. And everyone has bad days, and maybe there is a language barrier at play here. But the author really comes off as a primadonna in this thread! In the open source world, whenever someone plays the "I'm taking my toys and going home" card, it just irks me.

To madsonic: I know it's hard to 'open up' your creation to strangers, but think of it as delegation. Then you won't have to work on features yourself-- you can just assign a minion to do the work for you, and all you have to do it review the submission. Like... can I work on getting moods working? :)
These users thanked the author mtnkodiak for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Your post adds nothing constructive.

If you're irked - just move on instead of beating a dead horse.

This is all old news. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, find another fork that's more to your liking.

The developer is hard at work making further improvements to this fork. He's currently not releasing every beta build so that he doesn't have to continually update rapidly changing source code to keep the naysayers happy who want to hold his feet to the fire about strict compliance.

All the result of negative comments and impatience. If your not happy with the development rate of Madsonic, you can always just wait for the next version of Subsonic.

Great way to encourage the developer ...
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post (total 2):
Madsonicnorcalscott
Rating: 15.38%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

for more information go to this Thread:
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=448

best Regards