License not valid

Post your Server Bug Report
lebuz
Has thanked: 0

License not valid

Unread post by lebuz »

I have a lifetime license, now not valid, but when i try to satus it ok, I have madsonic in deb mode

Versión MADSONIC 7.0.10400.a6fd24b.20220120.1226 - IP address [192.168.1.24]
REST MADSONIC REST API v3.0.0, MADSONIC REST API v2.8.0, SUBSONIC REST API v1.16.0
Server jetty/9.4.44.v20210927, java 11.0.22, Linux 5.15.0-107-generic (amd64) (130,2 MB / 258,0 MB)

Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:148)
at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:129)
at java.base/java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:297)
at java.base/sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:434)
... 125 more

its update mint version, java update and try to restart madsonic service many times
Skywatcher
Been thanked: 0

Re: License not valid

Unread post by Skywatcher »

Same problem here. I renewed my license and the site shows up the new expiry date, but when trying to insert it in madsonic it tells me Invalid License Key!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

lebuz wrote: 27 May 2024, 11:50 I have a lifetime license, now not valid, but when i try to satus it ok, I have madsonic in deb mode

Versión MADSONIC 7.0.10400.a6fd24b.20220120.1226 - IP address [192.168.1.24]
REST MADSONIC REST API v3.0.0, MADSONIC REST API v2.8.0, SUBSONIC REST API v1.16.0
Server jetty/9.4.44.v20210927, java 11.0.22, Linux 5.15.0-107-generic (amd64) (130,2 MB / 258,0 MB)

Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:148)
at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:129)
at java.base/java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:297)
at java.base/sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:434)
... 125 more

its update mint version, java update and try to restart madsonic service many times
There may be a problem with the Java version used and the certificate root path, but this can be solved by importing the root certificates into the Java trusted store.

In order to check your account, I still need the email address you used to register with Paypal. Please send it to me via PM.

Best regards,
The Madsonic Team
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Skywatcher wrote: 27 May 2024, 12:08 Same problem here. I renewed my license and the site shows up the new expiry date, but when trying to insert it in madsonic it tells me Invalid License Key!
In order to check your account, I still need the email address you used to register with Paypal. Please send it to me via PM.

Best regards,
The Madsonic Team
nunyas

Unread post by nunyas »

I'm having this issue as well this morning. I performed an OS update (ubuntu) and the Madsonic server stopped recognizing my permium key as valid. I checked the sit and it states my premium key is valid.
nunyas

Unread post by nunyas »

I fully realize that Madsonic support needs a PM from me with my email in order to check my account. However, it seems I am unable to send PMs at this point in time because of a lack of user activity ...
nunyas

Unread post by nunyas »

I suppose I can post some additional details:

My invalid license issue started after I performed a Ubuntu 20.04.6 OS update a couple of days ago.

Madsonic Version: 7.0.10400 (originally had the issue with 7.0.1039... upgraded to 7.0.10400 in hopes of it correcting the issue)
Java (from Madsonic logs): Java: 11.0.23, OS: Linux

Using the key I had before the upgrade I get the following message:
Invalid Madsonic license key!
Next I used the "Lost the license key? Send it again." option. Received the email from Madsonic with the license key (the same one I've been using for years). Put the key in, and received the "Invalid Madsonic license key!" message again.

Next I tried the "Problems with your license key? Check your license." option. Putting my email address in on that paged returns:
Madsonic Premium license status

License valid: true

License email: <redacted>

License expiry date: 2025-04-03
lebuz

Unread post by lebuz »

I have a solution import ssl cert madsoic.org to java root cert

you need download cert of https://madosnic.org with firefox chrome or any do you see in google how to download cert
when you have cert
Convert the root certificate to DER format
go to download pathc and open terminal

openssl x509 -in madsonic-org.pem -inform pem -out ca.der -outform der

at this moment you need import certificate to root cacert need the path of java home, this for mi

sudo update-alternatives --config java

this is the result

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java

now import cert key

sudo keytool -importcert -alias startssl -keystore /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.11.0-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -file ca.der

now you put license and enjoy
These users thanked the author lebuz for the post:
Skywatcher
Rating: 7.69%
nunyas

Unread post by nunyas »

lebuz wrote: 15 Jun 2024, 10:30 I have a solution import ssl cert madsoic.org to java root cert

you need download cert of https://madsonic.org with firefox chrome or any do you see in google how to download cer
when you have cert
Convert the root certificate to DER format
got to download path and open terminal:

Code: Select all

openssl x509 -in madsonic-org.pem -inform pem -out ca.der -outform der
at this moment you need import certificate to root cacert need the path of java home, for me:

sudo update-alternatives --config java
this is the result:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java
now import cert key:

sudo keytool -importcert -alias startssl -keystore /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.11.0-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -file ca.der
now you put license and enjoy
sweet cheeses! that did it! thank you SO MUCH!
Skywatcher

Unread post by Skywatcher »

lebuz wrote: 15 Jun 2024, 10:30 I have a solution import ssl cert madsoic.org to java root cert
Holy moly! That did it! Didn't even have to reinsert the license key.
You, sir, are a hero!