Hi Res Albums Don't Appear in Phone App

Post your Server Bug Report
BoxSoft

Hi Res Albums Don't Appear in Phone App

Unread post by BoxSoft »

I've got a bunch of high resolution albums (in some case duplicates of CDs). When I point a browser at my Madsonic server, I see all albums. However, the hi res versions don't appear in apps on my phone. I've tried multiple (Subsonic, DSub, and Symfonium), and they all omit those albums. Therefore, I suspect there's something blocking this in my Madsonic server. Any thoughts?
BoxSoft

Re: Hi Res Albums Don't Appear in Phone App

Unread post by BoxSoft »

The plot thickens. I usually append *HQ* to the album names for my hi res versions, but I sometimes have two versions with identical names. I just did an analysis of one album with three versions:

There are a number of interesting things to note:
  • Madsonic via browser lists all three versions, but subsonic apps list only one (the CD version)
  • When using the browser, Madsonic treats the CD and HDCD version as separate versions.
  • Madsonic doesn't consistently use the album tag in its display. The hi res version version appears to use a similar name to the folder name, but without the [1974]. Perhaps this was the earlier album name from HDTracks, before I changed it.
This makes me wonder whether Madsonic uses a different Album tag. I'm using Tag&Rename to manage my tags, and it doesn't show any tag containing the value "Court and Spark [192kHz · 24bit]". LMS displays all albums using Album tag, as shown in Tag&Rename.

Any thoughts?