Failed to Validate Key

Post your Server Bug Report
Spindizzy
Has thanked: 0

Failed to Validate Key

Unread post by Spindizzy »

I'm getting a serverlog warning "failed to validate madsonic key". The "About" page clearly shows that I have a Premium plan, but the server home page still suggests to upgrade to Premium and I am getting "trial period over please upgarde to premium" message on my android clients. I have a license valid until next October.
Please suggest a fix.
by Madsonic » 12 Apr 2023, 19:48

Problem

get invalid Madsonic license key error messages

Solution

Restarting the Madsonic service may resolve the issue of PKI errors caused by the change in the root signing certificate authority.

However, if the issue persists, you may need to update your Java version to a newer version that recognizes the new root signing certificate authority.

It is recommended to update your Java version to the latest stable 1.8.x release to ensure compatibility with the updated Madsonic certificate. You can download the latest Java version from the official Java website.

Additionally, you may want to check if there are any firewall or network settings that are preventing the Madsonic service from communicating with the new root signing certificate authority. Adjusting these settings may also resolve the issue.

Best regards,
The Madsonic Team
Go to full post
These users thanked the author Spindizzy for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
BoxSoft

"Invalid Madsonic license key!"

Unread post by BoxSoft »

I've had a permanent Madsonic license for almost three years, and it's been working well. I just installed some updates to Windows 11 and rebooted (which may be related or not). Suddenly it said my trial period is over.

I tried to reapply the license key, but Madsonic is complaining that it's invalid. I used the online tool to check the status of my license, and it's reported as permanent. I also asked to have it resent, and the same key was provided.

Any thoughts as to how to resolve this?
These users thanked the author BoxSoft for the post:
Madsonic
BoxSoft

Re: Failed to Validate Key

Unread post by BoxSoft »

I had something similar happen to me yesterday. (See my thread in this same forum.)

Are you running Windows 11, and did you just apply a Windows update? That's the most recent thing of significance that happened to me, just before the registration problem appeared.
Spindizzy

Re: "Invalid Madsonic license key!"

Windows 10, but, yes, an update to it recently happened. My Java is current so not sure why windows update would break the validation. It's frustrating and I hope the issue gets addressed.
Madsonic
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: "Invalid Madsonic license key!"

Unread post by Madsonic »

Problem

get invalid Madsonic license key error messages

Solution

Restarting the Madsonic service may resolve the issue of PKI errors caused by the change in the root signing certificate authority.

However, if the issue persists, you may need to update your Java version to a newer version that recognizes the new root signing certificate authority.

It is recommended to update your Java version to the latest stable 1.8.x release to ensure compatibility with the updated Madsonic certificate. You can download the latest Java version from the official Java website.

Additionally, you may want to check if there are any firewall or network settings that are preventing the Madsonic service from communicating with the new root signing certificate authority. Adjusting these settings may also resolve the issue.

Best regards,
The Madsonic Team
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
BoxSoft
BoxSoft

Unread post by BoxSoft »

Thank-you. After restarting your Windows Service, it properly recognized my license.
These users thanked the author BoxSoft for the post:
Madsonic
Spindizzy

Thank you for the timely response. Yes, this fix worked for me, too.
Madsonic