Madsonic Newsletter 02/2021

About Madsonic / Announcements and discussion of new releases.
troycarpenter

Re: Madsonic Newsletter 02/2021

Unread post by troycarpenter »

I just came back to follow-up on the Airsonic Advanced move...

I've moved on to Ampache (https://ampache.org/). Active development; has a *sonic API so Dsub works with it. The develop branch currently has the latest and greatest code, but there are other branches for more stable releases. There are also docker images for those so inclined.

Full disclosure, I recently added the catalog filter feature to Ampache (a feature most *sonic servers have). It was the last major feature I needed so I could move my users to Ampache from Airsonic Advanced. I got tired of waiting, wrote the feature, and submitted a pull request for the code. The point is that if there's a feature you want in Ampache, you can write it if you are so inclined.
VikingOy

Unread post by VikingOy »

The newsletter talks about version 8 (and also a version 9 is mentioned) with promises to deliver first half 2022 ?!
Well, so far not much seems to happen - eh ?
It's a pity. Madsonic is such a fine tool.

I'm currently running 7.0.10390 in a docker container as a premium user (lifetime license).
It keeps telling me that a version 7.0.1040 is out, but when I try to log on to download, it tells me that my account is invalid!
Too bad.
charlie14
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by charlie14 »

I think madsonic is unfortunately dead
carltonh
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by carltonh »

The "Madsonic Homebase Service" shows as down and has been for several days. I guess that means that my Madsonic Server stops verifying my Madsonic Premium service, because my premium services stopped working, and it fails to register my legitimate license key. But of course, below that it lets me check my license and still says it is valid.

Is this just a matter of Madsonic rebooting their Homebase service?
These users thanked the author carltonh for the post:
ehines
Rating: 7.69%