additional Client information
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Android Client 5.0

Unread post by Madsonic »

I spend some time to advance the new coming Madsonic-Android Client 5.0

I hope you like it ! it will come also to the Google Play Store!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Best Regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 4):
GhizmomlutzowGJ51udr
Rating: 30.77%
udr

Re: Android Client 5.0 Sneak Peek

Unread post by udr »

Looks good! But still would like to see artist name in yellow next to song title....
These users thanked the author udr for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

udr wrote:Looks good! But still would like to see artist name in yellow next to song title....
Hi there,

You are right, looks much better ...

These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
udr
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

Update is pushed to Google Store :)

best regards
GJ51
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

Just checked the store, it says it's already installed. Checked version installed, and it's 4.0.9.

Uninstalled, then back to the store - it's not free :-(

Is there another location to download the APK?
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
chali
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Way to go Marty! Just got it from the store. I'll let you now if I find anything, but I sure like the added server slots. 3 was definitely not enough, 5 is more better :)

Love the colors - VERY easy to read.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

Absolutely Marty.

Took the plung...very nice.

I couldn't agree more with this -
Love the colors - VERY easy to read

This is par excellence!
These users thanked the author mlutzow for the post:
Madsonic
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

gurutech wrote:Just checked the store, it says it's already installed. Checked version installed, and it's 4.0.9.

Hi

I saw the same thing, and I must say I was rather disappointed

Naturally I understand that the you want some paid for all your work, and that
you of course should have. I believe you know how much I appreciate all your work;
But just having to pay for the app means that it can mess up for me.

One of the main arguments that I donate (which I do quite often)
Is that the app is free and server software is free;
Do you want to charge for the app, sure no problem but then there will be smaller donations and not so often.

An alternative is to allow us that want our users to have the free app
that the buy multiple licenses for the app and then we can send the app to the ones we want.

(The system that Apple uses in the appstore to buy the iSub has worked very bad for me, in that even when I purchased the app as a gift to a user, it will not reach the user or I have to buy the app multiple times to the same email to make it to go through)

Ps: excuse the bad grammar

/ Chali
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Chali,

I can somewhat agree with your point regarding those of us who have paid the server license, in some cases multiple times, but I see no reason why the developer would want to lose the revenue possible from users of our sites who want remote access. If you have 10 users that access your site with the Android app, that generates a little income from each user that helps support the developer's efforts. I wouldn't expect him to give up that income.

Personally, I was very happy to make another donation as it is more than evident that Marty listens to our ideas and responds to our suggestions - unlike another unnamed developer.

I know that everyone has different resources, but I find it hard to imagine that if someone has an Android phone and cellular service that they can't cough up what amounts to a Starbucks cup of coffee to support this development effort. The problem is that if he releases a free version to those of us that have paid the server license, he essentially loses all the app income potential from that site as the owner of the server would just hand out the app for free. I don't think that's fair. Do you? Your users should chip in a little if they like what they are getting.
Madsonic
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

chali wrote:
gurutech wrote:Just checked the store, it says it's already installed. Checked version installed, and it's 4.0.9.

Hi

you of course should have. I believe you know how much I appreciate all your work;

Do you want to charge for the app, sure no problem but then there will be smaller donations and not so often.

that the buy multiple licenses for the app and then we can send the app to the ones we want.

(The system that Apple uses in the appstore to buy the iSub has worked very bad for me, in that even when I purchased the app as a gift to a user, it will not reach the user or I have to buy the app multiple times to the same email to make it to go through)

/ Chali
Hi Chali,

Frist i want say thanks to so many people and friends for their loyalty to this project.

Sorry Chali that you are disapointed!

The idea behind was to cover some costs, for domain, server hosting, accountants, forum, developer license, google fees and finance charges.
The costs getting more and more in the last years. I assume that I'll never be rich with that.

I just dont understand your logic behind your post. I want to maintain this project and keep it free of subscriptions, other server costs and ads.

When we would both live in the same city, we would go together for a beer, this beer would cost more, what you pay for
your whole life for this client. The reality after tax deduction and surcharges are about 2 €, I think that is really not much.

Until now the experience was, when someone gives a donation, this was usually a multiple of 2-3 €. Everyone should decide this for
themselves how much someone wants to donate. There are really many people who have no money. For these people I will find a
solution. Madsonic should be accessible to all!!!

You've also the possibility to build the App from the source-code without costs. I think you're right that the Apple platform here has
considerable disadvantages. The app must be purchased multiple times and there is no source-code. So i don't like the Apple world.

On the Google app store you buy it one time and you can redistribute the apk to all your friends without any costs, i don't care about this.
My spirit for the Madsonic is satisfaction and keep the overall impression as high as possible. For me any feedback is very important!

Conclusion: Be a part of it! Don't worry, be happy in the Madsonic Community!!

Best regards,
Marty
Ghizmo
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

Madevil wrote:
chali wrote:

Hi

/ Chali
Hi Chali,

Frist i want say thanks to so many people and friends for their loyalty to this project.

Sorry Chali that you are disapointed!

The idea behind was to cover some costs, for domain, server hosting, accountants, forum, developer license, google fees and finance charges.
The costs getting more and more in the last years. I assume that I'll never be rich with that.

I just dont understand your logic behind your post. I want to maintain this project and keep it free of subscriptions, other server costs and ads.

When we would both live in the same city, we would go together for a beer, this beer would cost more, what you pay for
your whole life for this client. The reality after tax deduction and surcharges are about 2 €, I think that is really not much.

Until now the experience was, when someone gives a donation, this was usually a multiple of 2-3 €. Everyone should decide this for
themselves how much someone wants to donate. There are really many people who have no money. For these people I will find a
solution. Madsonic should be accessible to all!!!

You've also the possibility to build the App from the source-code without costs. I think you're right that the Apple platform here has
considerable disadvantages. The app must be purchased multiple times and there is no source-code. So i don't like the Apple world.

On the Google app store you buy it one time and you can redistribute the apk to all your friends without any costs, i don't care about this.
My spirit for the Madsonic is satisfaction and keep the overall impression as high as possible. For me any feedback is very important!

Conclusion: Be a part of it! Don't worry, be happy in the Madsonic Community!!

Best regards,
Marty
Hi

hmm it's hard to explain thrue Google translate =)
but I'll make an attempt.

I have my server with movies and kidds storys This server is then shared out to families with children
who are unable to afford their own movies (or rather they put the money on themselves rather than their children get to do something fun)
It's probably about 2 years since I started this little project, it started with
a friend of my daughter started crying when they would start looking at the film,
for her mother came to get her, and she then said that she will never get to see the movie for her mother do not buy/rents movies
(that was how I learned that several of the children's friends had parents with hmm "problems"

That they would spend money on an app for kids is out of the question, even if the price is low, that is why it is better that I take the cost.

It's not that I do not want to pay ,Its is that my users do not have/wont spend the money, or rather they do not spend money on their children when they would rather put it on the other)

Is the app for free so there is nothing to prevent them / no excuse from installing the app.

And again, I definitely think you should have paid for your service (which is awesome)

Can I be allowed to purchase multiple licenses of you instead? so the cost does not end up on the users? (i dont wont them to have a excuse) I have around 20 to 30 families at a time, with accounts on my server
in the current situation, and 15-20 of them are as above

So for me it's more about who have to pay, not the payment itself.
I know that the situation is a bit different, (Should be driving license to have a child :| )

/ Chali
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

They can still use the old app. They are not required to purchase the newest version. Leave it up to them.
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

Hi

I answered marty on his posts. there is my explanation of my post

yes believe it or not but there are people with smart phones / plates
who do not have / or want to put small money on an app.

I'm not saying he should give up the cost, just that I want to take the cost instead of the user.

(Hehehe I see that we post on each other =))

/ Chali

/ Chali

GJ51 wrote:Chali,

I can somewhat agree with your point regarding those of us who have paid the server license, in some cases multiple times, but I see no reason why the developer would want to lose the revenue possible from users of our sites who want remote access. If you have 10 users that access your site with the Android app, that generates a little income from each user that helps support the developer's efforts. I wouldn't expect him to give up that income.

Personally, I was very happy to make another donation as it is more than evident that Marty listens to our ideas and responds to our suggestions - unlike another unnamed developer.

I know that everyone has different resources, but I find it hard to imagine that if someone has an Android phone and cellular service that they can't cough up what amounts to a Starbucks cup of coffee to support this development effort. The problem is that if he releases a free version to those of us that have paid the server license, he essentially loses all the app income potential from that site as the owner of the server would just hand out the app for free. I don't think that's fair. Do you? Your users should chip in a little if they like what they are getting.
Last edited by chali on 25 Apr 2013, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

Hi

Hi

yes, they can, but I think of the future

/chali
GJ51 wrote:They can still use the old app. They are not required to purchase the newest version. Leave it up to them.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

I just tested with Navigation and it doesn't pause or lower volume when navigation voice is active. Is there a setting I missed or is this not yet built in?
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

chali wrote:Hi

Hi

/chali
GJ51 wrote:They can still use the old app. They are not required to purchase the newest version. Leave it up to them.

As do I, which is why I want to see this continue to be adequately supported. Everybody wants free stuff, but who wants to sell it?

This is like complaining about the price of gas when you can't afford to buy a car. You mean that someone who has an Android device can't afford to buy the app? Why would anyone buy a car if they couldn't afford to buy gas? Why would anyone buy a cell phone or a tablet if they couldn't afford to buy an app.

"There is no free lunch" - somebody pays - I vote that it should be the user.

Would you let all those friends borrow your car and at least not expect them to pay for the gas they use?
Madsonic
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

GJ51 wrote:
chali wrote:Hi

Hi

/chali

As do I, which is why I want to see this continue to be adequately supported. Everybody wants free stuff, but who wants to sell it?

This is like complaining about the price of gas when you can't afford to buy a car. You mean that someone who has an Android device can't afford to buy the app? Why would anyone buy a car if they couldn't afford to buy gas? Why would anyone buy a cell phone or a tablet if they couldn't afford to buy an app.

"There is no free lunch" - somebody pays - I vote that it should be the user.

Would you let all those friends borrow your car and at least not expect them to pay for the gas they use?

Hi

but jeez did you read what I write?
do you not understand what kind of person I'm talking about?

what I want to do is to pay for all that use my server, nothing else.
what part of i wants to take the cost instead is difficult to understand?

Marty gets the money he deserves, but I pay them instead of the user. (he gets exactly the same amount)

I do not care if he wants to get paid for the app by others through play store but in my case it would have been good if I could bought licenses for my users.

apparently it's a problem to do so. it is a shame and will unfortunately make me have to look for another solution,
where it is ok for the server owner to bear the cost.

I will probably continue to donate to madsonic for it is a good product, but fore this little project I'm doing now, it will not work when the new app will be a requirement to use wide the server.

ps: my friends borrow my car all the time, without I would expect them to pay for the petrol;-). (there's more to life than money, try it ;-) )

Sincerely, / Chali
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

There is no such thing as a friend who borrows a car and doesn't replace the petrol used. That's not a friend, that's an inconsiderate dependent.

However, I've never had any such unrealistic expectations, and I'm pretty sure that Marty doesn't either.

Shalom, Aloha, Salaam
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

Go the others phone, have them purchase the app, pay them the $3.33 (or whatever the conversion would be in your currency) and the problem is solved. The 'parents' don't spend 'their' money, Madevil receives what he should receive, and you can feel good about helping the children ;)

Cheers.
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by chali »

GJ51 wrote:There is no such thing as a friend who borrows a car and doesn't replace the petrol used. That's not a friend, that's an inconsiderate dependent.

However, I've never had any such unrealistic expectations, and I'm pretty sure that Marty doesn't either.

Shalom, Aloha, Salaam
Hi

I would say the opposite a true friend you do not have such expectations.
it's the same for me, I can borrow their cars without ever having to think about
to pay them financially.

But I think it's more about growing up and how the friend circle is formed.
On the other hand, if I would have a greedy friend i would probably be greedy back

Marty has already solved my problem (many thanks)

/ Chali