Madsonic 6.2 Uploading Issues

Post your Server Bug Report
WasagaGeek
Been thanked: 0

Madsonic 6.2 Uploading Issues

Unread post by WasagaGeek »

Loving this Media Server so far and I am pretty sure I am going to upgrade to the premium version after my trial. However I really need the upload feature. Now here is the weird thing I came across and damit I am going to figure it out one way or another.

Ok, here is the situation. I own a computer store in Wasaga Beach and I have Madsonic 6.2x running on one of my Windows 10 Server boxes, I did not use auto port forwarding as it is pretty simple for me to route the port to the IP of that box. No problem sharing Mapped drives or direct network shares, as included in the documentation you simply have to edit the Madsonic service in services.msc.

Now, I have 14 machines in total at the store. 6 of them make up our internet cafe, the other 8 are working servers, serving DNS, IMAP, SMTP, POP, ODBC, MySQL, Xampp, WAMP, Cloud, File Servers, Music Servers, Xitami, and some other random stuff. 4 machine's are running Windows and the other 4 are Mandrake, Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora. Stay with me here as all this is important to issue at hand. The Fedora box is running a Storinator XL60 with 45 Seagate Exos Enterprise Drives 18TB, this is the unit feeding my Music and Video files. I can tell you it took over 3 days to scan all the media.

Hope you are still paying attention, I am almost at the conundrum.

Now, on the 6 windows machines accessing Madsonic remotely, using Chrome, Edge, Brave, Firefox and even IE 6, there is now way the UPLOAD link will function. ZIP, Nada! So tonight when I got home, I joined my wife in the garage for a smoke and coffee, in the garage I have2 IPads, one is a 9.7" 5th gen and the other is a 10.1 7th gen. I picked up the 5th gen to show the wife how easy it will be for her to play music and stream from my IPTV streams, as I was showing her around the Madsonic Admin panel I decided to click on upload and can you guess what? Tada, it loaded. I was using Chrome and it worked! I then craped myself and grabbed the 7th gen, and low and behold it worked on it too! I butted out my smoke and ran upstairs to the dining room table where I have Dell 7000, running Windows 10, and using Chrome I decided to see if it work work or fail, and of course, FAIL. So then I ran upstairs to my office where I have a 27" Imac, running bootcamp, Catalina and Win 10. First from 10 using Chrome, nada, UPLOAD would not works, reboot into Catalina, fire up Chrome and TADA, UPLOAD link works???????

I am perplexed!! If anyone has some insights that they would like to throw my way, I am an amazing listener and would love to hear from you.

Now one other thing? Shared Media? What the hell is that for? I cannot figure it out for the life of me, I attached a screenshot, I originaly though that uploads would display under shared media, but the one file I did upload on the Ipad is not showing up there?

Now if you made it this far, I really appreciate your time, I really do!

Thank you so much for listening, now please fire me off your comments, I really do want to hear from you all.

Peace out!
Hogan
Attachments
Shared Media Setting Screenshot
Shared Media Setting Screenshot