Madsonic Server 6.x Synology-DSM 6.x NAS Plugin

twocoleone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Madsonic Server 6.x Synology-DSM 6.x NAS Plugin

Unread post by twocoleone »

Yeah, ill check back from time to time. I appreciate all the effort he puts into this and seeing how many systems he has this on and that pretty much all the work is done by just 1 guy is pretty impressive. The Synology installer for subsonic was recently created by someone else that helped out otherwise they wouldn't have anything at all either and even that was only setup a few months ago, prior to that was only a manual copy of all the files and hope you followed everything correctly otherwise you were going to have problems.
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Before i could install it normally. But now its says all time "failed to install madsonic". This is so anoyying.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

the Madsonic 6.3.9480 Synology installer has improved database handling, new search engine, proxy support, local network interface fix and other bug fixes

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2229

if you get failed to install Madsonic maybe old Madsonic installation fragments block the installation, so try to cleanup before new installation:

remove any existing Madsonic package via web-interface, connect via ssh daemon and remove those folders if exist

Code: Select all

/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic
/volume1/@appstore/Madsonic
/tmp/madsonic
{PUBLIC_FOLDER}/Madsonic/
reboot and retry installation with latest DSM installer

best regards
twocoleone

I never had Madsonic installed, it just gives failed to install with the latest update of synology it seems. I see you referenced using the 6.3 version of madsonic but I am not a supporter yet, I wanted to test the software out and see if it works which you will only allow version 6.2 for that. If you fixed 6.3 to work with synology could you patch the older version as well? I am not going to purchase the software before knowing if its what I am looking for.

Thank you
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

I'm a supporter and In also got an error with the latest 6.3 release installation :x

Hope to be able to install soon because I paid to be supporter ... . :roll:

MERCI :P
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Madevil wrote:Hi there,

the Madsonic 6.3.9480 Synology installer has improved database handling, new search engine, proxy support, local network interface fix and other bug fixes

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2229

if you get failed to install Madsonic maybe old Madsonic installation fragments block the installation, so try to cleanup before new installation:

remove any existing Madsonic package via web-interface, connect via ssh daemon and remove those folders if exist

/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic
/volume1/@appstore/Madsonic
/tmp/madsonic
{PUBLIC_FOLDER}/Madsonic/
reboot and retry installation with latest DSM installer

best regards
Well 6.3 is only for early adopter. So 6.2 doesnt work and is broken. 6.3 we cant use because its for Early Adopter.

Gives us something which work please.
muiz

Unread post by muiz »

Its a loooong time ago since there was a working version.
twocoleone

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... I have been waiting a half year now to try this software out but there seems to be no support left for this version. I would love to say I would purchase this software but without being able to try it out and now the obvious lack of support for the lesser used OS's I really dont think I would feel very confident investing in this. I will swing back around in another few months to see if any progress has been made again.

Thanks
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Hello Madevil,

as I can say right now, the installation process of the 6.3.9840 SPK for DSM6.1x works pretty smooth.

The first time, I had forgotten to create the /volume1/public/Madsonic folder, so it couldn't install.
Unfortunately, there is no clever error-message for the user, it just says "cannot install".
The log (in /var/log/messages) wasn't helpful either:

2018-05-03T04:04:25+02:00 Server synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[24003]: pkginstall.cpp:449 Failed to run preinst script for Madsonic, 1
So I guess, its hard to tell, why the install failed.

But I would suggest to implement a check in the preinst script: if the /volume1/public/Madsonic folder does not already exist then give an appropriate message (i.e. "Folder foo not found").
I have seen other package-installers which communicate with the users. i.e. this one. Maybe you can check the code and borrow some magic ;-)

After creating the folder, it took some minutes and - voilá - madsonic is installed. That was easy going!

Btw: I had the "old" Madsonic User active (from my install from early 2017) but that was not a problem. The installer just logged it silently:

2018-05-03T04:10:15+02:00 Server synouser: user_set.c:139 pUser->szName[madsonic] is EXIST.

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.3 | BUILD: 9840.8df1ddd.20180107.0710
REST: MADSONIC REST API v3.0.0, MADSONIC REST API v2.8.0, SUBSONIC REST API v1.16.0
OS: Linux 3.10.102 #15266 SMP Mon Mar 26 15:08:28 CST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
SERVER: jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT, java 1.8.0_172, Linux 3.10.102 (amd64)
HOST: Synology NAS 1815+ (DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1) | CPU: INTEL Atom C2538| ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 16GB | HDD: 36TB, RAID6
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8.0_172
=========================================================================================
These users thanked the author Matt Zornig for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Hello,

in addition to my above post:
Nothing* is working anymore :-) and I can't reinstall the package to a working version of Madsonic.
I guess, its time to stop again, wait for another build.

*In order of appearance:

int. Error on Defrag database
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2558

Strange Holes in Artist Index + DuplicateKeyException
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2563

int. Error on Full ReScan
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2568

Full Rescan gives OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2569

DSM6: no search possible after re-install (No matches found)
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2577

DSM6: Madsonic not working after re-install (No WebGUI)
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 8174#p8174