Last.fm Scrobbler Not Working Right

Need help? Post your questions here.
ARKaMAN
Has thanked: 0

Last.fm Scrobbler Not Working Right

Unread post by ARKaMAN »

Hello, I recently decided to switch to MadSonic from Subsonic. Things are going pretty smoothly, but I've encountered an issue. Only some of my songs are scrobbling to my Last.fm account. I'd say one out of five, but it seems to be certain songs work and some don't. Although while the track is in progress it shows all tracks on last.fm "Scrobbling Now" it does not log them as listened once the track is finished. I do want to note that I am letting the track play in full and it is still not showing up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
These users thanked the author ARKaMAN for the post:
hunterking
Rating: 7.69%
hunterking

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler Not Working Right

Unread post by hunterking »

Same here. I did find that it worked fine when listening through dSub (android subsonic client) but when listening through the web interface I see them under "Scrobbling Now" but they don't actually log under recently played.
pa2k

Unread post by pa2k »

Same here running 6.2.9040 - only shows current song and nothing is saved. Android still works. Will post in bug reports.
These users thanked the author pa2k for the post:
hunterking
Rating: 7.69%
hunterking

Unread post by hunterking »

Taking another look at this, I think it's my FLAC files that aren't scrobbling. MP3s seem to log. I believe it's transcoding so that seems weird to me, but I don't really know.

Server version 6.2.9080
pa2k

Unread post by pa2k »

You may be on to something; I just had an mp3 stick on last.fm as well (most of my files are FLAC).
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Code: Select all

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.2 | BUILD: 9080.619dd31.20161222.0327
=========================================================================================
hunterking wrote:Taking another look at this, I think it's my FLAC files that aren't scrobbling. MP3s seem to log. I believe it's transcoding so that seems weird to me, but I don't really know.
I don't know if it were only FLACs, but I had this issue as well.
64% sure, that also mp3 were not scrobbled.