Folder structure scan describe whit i3d tag read.

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
Tamps
Has thanked: 0

Folder structure scan describe whit i3d tag read.

Unread post by Tamps »

Right now in subsonic and madsonic dont support music tag scann ( artist, album, genre and so on..) if the folder structure is not right.
I have about 600gb music in my computer, and they all are in they own gerne folder whit subfolders "year/month/rls name".
I realy dont like the idea that I need to sort all my music tracks to diferent folder structure format.

maybe add such an option to subsonic where we can write folder structure and madsonic will scan folder structure that way like I have described? when this can be done maybe add allso folderstructure treeview look to the left side, lik it is right now, because right now the artists and genres and tracknames are not in db.
jsgates

Re: Folder structure scan describe whit i3d tag read.

Unread post by jsgates »

Even though Sindre apparently doesn't like music sorting by tags and thus it is not in Subsonic for that reason, I believe it is something Madsonic should consider supporting. Make it a setting and have it un-checked by default. For those of us that have spent hours over the years properly tagging all of our music, it would be nice to have AC/DC show up in the library as "AC/DC" & not "AC-DC" or "AC_DC", etc. Same with album titles, (ie. tag info shows "Forty Seasons: The Best of Skid Row", but the folder is "Forty Seasons_The Best of Skid Row".

I think it should be optional, but tags allow you to use a lot of characters that file and folder names do not, which makes thing more asthetically pleasing.

-hogfan
Tamps

Unread post by Tamps »

The year has passed and still we dont have this function :(
tetnenal

Unread post by tetnenal »

I would really like this feature too.
davicool
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by davicool »

I installed and configured Madsonic thinking Verily I found the software of my dreams. It does everything I need. Thank you very much to all those involved in its development. :D

But wanting to browse my music (hundreds of gigabytes) by artists, I just noticed with horror this "problem". :shock:

As hugely persons with a volume of music so I disciplined myself out "tag" my files.
It is very unpleasant to see that this is not taken into account in the organization of artists, albums, songs ... :x

I understand that it is a choice taken by the creator of Subsonic.
What to MadSonic, is it agreed with this choice?

What worries me most is that there is no answer or hope brought about that!

Someone there any information regarding this feature request?
Thank you in advance.
blablablabla

Unread post by blablablabla »

Might it be possible to take the necessary code from MusicCabinet? Then you don't have to write it all by yourself.
As there might also be people who prefer the old scheme, you might add a Checkbox where we can select if we ant to categorize music by folder Structure or id3 Tag.

Regards
addseo1115
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by addseo1115 »

As hugely persons with a volume of music so I disciplined myself out "tag" my files.