Dynamic Now Playing

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
baxtr

Dynamic Now Playing

Unread post by baxtr »

Would be nice to have the now playing window become dynamic as the sidebar is.....so if user is on the now playing frame, it will change as the song changes
Magica
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dynamic Now Playing

Unread post by Magica »

Hi,

+1 That would be a nice feature to future release.

Br
-m-
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

o.0 ?
this now playing is dynamic !?
it changes if you hit a new play.

ok i takes some time since the ui pulls it values via restapi. there is a minimum delay of 30 sec and a 10 sec delay for the frame to reload.

or do you mean something else ?
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

That's what I was thinking too, DocC.

There's already a way to show who is playing what song (or watching what video).

The only issue with this feature is that the song being played (or video being watched) is actually only being QUEUED (cached).

If you listen on your mobile device, the "now playing" feature shows the song being cached, not the one actually being played. For this reason, I limit my cache size (on my mobile device) to 100mb, and only cache 1 song ahead.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

ah jo the mobile stuff ...
i have seen this behavor testing my image code . but only with android .. i have not this "bug" with iSub on my iPhone with 2 GB cache
Magica

Unread post by Magica »

Hi,

I don´t mean playing via mobile.

If you generate playlist via Random menu (browser UI), then Playing-menu doesn´t change next song automatically (Artist, album art) Right panel "Now playing" changes next song ok).
You have to click manually Playing-button to change next song.

Br
-m-
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

hard to guess what you are trying to say ...

but now i think it is nowPlaying.view .. the buttung / page that loads in the middle area ...
ja ,,,
i figured out : if i stay attached to the open browser tab , chrome or FF , then the middle page loads automatically - some times.
if i switch between my tabs this function breaks.

but imho this is nice to have, but not neccessary. i am starting madsonic, trigger pandora, and forget the tab running somewhere in the background XD

( you mean this right ? )
nowplaying.PNG
Magica

Unread post by Magica »

DoCC wrote:hard to guess what you are trying to say ...

but now i think it is nowPlaying.view .. the buttung / page that loads in the middle area ...
ja ,,,
i figured out : if i stay attached to the open browser tab , chrome or FF , then the middle page loads automatically - some times.

but imho this is nice to have, but not neccessary. i am starting madsonic, trigger pandora, and forget the tab running somewhere in the background XD

nowplaying.PNG
Hi DoCC!,

Yes, that I mean what is in the image. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice feature to have.
The middle area stays solid when in right view (now playing) changes every time when song changes.

Br
-m-
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

in the nowPlaying.view
there is something in the - rendered- sourcecode

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
        // Variable used by javascript in playlist.jsp
        var updateNowPlaying = true;
    </script>
since this is javascript and not the java procedd itself, there must be something on with your local javascript settings ?

just a thought o,0
baxtr

Unread post by baxtr »

DoCC wrote:hard to guess what you are trying to say ...

ja ,,,

nowplaying.PNG

Yes, the center main window would be nice to automatically change to the new song that is playing....the side bar does already, but the main window would be nice because it shows all the other songs on the album and such....NO it is definitely not a deal breaker as it doesn't take anything to click on the "playing" button to refresh it if someone wants to see it....just a thought

On your note about it working when not switching tabs in your browser....I have not seen that work for me using Chrome or IE...it never changes even if I do not switch tabs.
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

ehm , refreshing this middle page would be a pain in the ass editing tags : ) just to mention ^^
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
baxtr
baxtr

Unread post by baxtr »

Well, Please understand that I am a carpenter not a programmer.....if it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer in my case. While I consider myself extremely computer literate.....the programming end eludes me as to what it would take to achieve this. Thanks DoCC for mentioning the work that it would take to accomplish this. I know now that this would be an unnecessary feat to take on.

Cheers
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

: ) nah nevermind,

just imagine the following :
the middle section takes the function of the roof battens ...
you stand up there placing the mmh tiles (?) , and an every completed row the entire roof battens disappear and respawn.
all stuff done during this time gets wasted.

so if you isntall an refresh on the middle page on every new track played, then everything you do in the middle section will be gone.
- editing tags
- managing system settings
- checking podcasts
- transcoding stuff
etc etc etc
you would have to hit pause every time you trim something in the system.

but i can imagine the folowing :

Mad just would have to add the same stuff on the now playing page like it is on the right panel.
so this will end up in an semi dynamic page . it just will load a new content if you have first hit the page manually.
if you leave the page, the refresh will be gone or disabled.

all in all no big deal.

(( excuse my language, no sleep and few beers ^^ school'S out in 2k , some times it sounds like ja mmhh :roll: : P ))
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
baxtr
Magica

Unread post by Magica »

Hi,

In my opinion dynamic middle section is only when you hit "Playing" button in top row.

I don´t see any problem in tag editing? In my system I check tags before I move music in my server. If I need to modify tags in server side, then I put music in pause. If tags are ok in music collection so there is no need to do tagging in server? After rescanning media I can enjoy listening music.

I listen music a lot created by random play queue via Random menu. Dynamic middle section would be nice in that use.

Br
-m-
These users thanked the author Magica for the post:
baxtr
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

Magica wrote:
In my opinion dynamic middle section is only when you hit "Playing" button in top row.

I don´t see any problem in tag editing?
depends, the middle section reloads , but not properly and not always.
it sometimes reloads if i was doing something in the control panel, but only after few moments not moving the mouse.
at least i think so.

i just mentioned the fully automatic would be crappy, cause he wanted it like the right panel : )
baxtr

Unread post by baxtr »

I can't believe my eyes...never seen this happen before but you are correct DoCC......had a playlist running in Pandora mode and around the 20th song or so...in the middle of the song...the center pane switched to the album that was playing......just like I had hoped...but then sat there and didn't switch again even when the playing song changed LOL.....

Funny though...it was right as my Wife asked "who is this?" and I was about to get up and go over to the pc to see and it flashed up on the screen :D
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Madsonic v6 gets a new ListeningNow Sidepanel

Best regards
2015-02-04 11_28_58-Madsonic.png
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
baxtr