Pandora no longer works, and other bugs [solved]

Mission accomplished!
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Pandora no longer works, and other bugs [solved]

Unread post by gurutech »

Just upgraded to 5.1.5110 and found a few bugs:

1) The Pandora playlist in the web browser is no longer creating a new playlist after the end of the currently playing song. It still works fine on the Android app.
2) The user icon avatar list (under settings) will display all of the avatars on a single line when a non-admin user accesses their own settings. If the admin accesses any user account to change the icon, it will appear as several rows of 6 icons.
3) When playing music from the Android app, the "Now Playing" updates in the right frame appear under the wrong user name. Restarting the Madsonic service "fixed" this issue.
4) On the "More" screen, the word "Amazon Store" has an extra "e" at the end of Amazon.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post (total 2):
Madsonicgraewulf
Rating: 15.38%
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pandora no longer works, and other bugs

Unread post by DoCC »

bugs confirmed
using 20140927_madsonic-5.1.5150.rpm on Centos7 x64
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

[17.10.14 23:30] INFO VersionService Resolved latest Madsonic final version to: 5.1.5200
With installing the latest minor update, the above named bugs still exist.
For all pandorra lovers ... looks like we have to wait ^^

########
I have to admit that pandora is working again ...
you just have to save the settings once again in order to make it work : )
wasn't able to figure this out last night ^^

Good job Mad !!!
Last edited by DoCC on 18 Oct 2014, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

DoCC wrote:[17.10.14 23:30] INFO VersionService Resolved latest Madsonic final version to: 5.1.5200
With installing the latest minor update, the above named bugs still exist.
For all pandorra lovers ... looks like we have to wait ^^
Can't reproduce all issues, i made a test account on the demo server.
Can you try it with the Madsonic demo server again?

Link: http://demo.madsonic.org

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
DoCC
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to work fine on your site Madevil, but it still isn't working on mine. I just upgraded to the 5200 version and still not working.

Two things I did notice however.... your site is using the FLASH player, while my site is using HTML5. Also, to the left of the "Play" bar, your site lists the "Player" with a number, while my site doesn't.
Magica
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Magica »

Hello,

I have tested today both Tomcat and Windows installer versions (version 5.1.5200). Few bugs that I noticed

1) Settings - Groups.
Group deleting or renaming won´t work, following error:

Exception org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException
Message PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [delete from user_group where id=?]; integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_71
Operating system Windows 7 6.1
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
Memory Used 225 of 592 MB
Stack trace org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [delete from user_group where id=?]; integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLExceptionSubclassTranslator.doTranslate(SQLExceptionSubclassTranslator.java:86)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:605)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:818)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:874)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:882)
at org.madsonic.dao.AbstractDao.update(AbstractDao.java:71)
at org.madsonic.dao.GroupDao.deleteGroup(GroupDao.java:70)
at org.madsonic.service.SecurityService.deleteGroup(SecurityService.java:259)
at org.madsonic.controller.GroupSettingsController.handleParameters(GroupSettingsController.java:87)
at org.madsonic.controller.GroupSettingsController.handleRequestInternal(GroupSettingsController.java:47)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:919)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:851)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:953)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:855)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:829)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1496)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:106)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1484)
at org.madsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1484)
at org.madsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:60)
at org.madsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:429)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:982)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:865)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:696)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:53)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$2.doInPreparedStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:824)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$2.doInPreparedStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:818)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:589)
... 81 more
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: integrity constraint violation: foreign key no action; FK_GROUP_ID table: USER
at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementDML.performReferentialActions(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementDML.delete(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementDML.executeDeleteStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementDML.getResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementDMQL.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.executeCompiledStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.execute(Unknown Source)
... 86 more

2) Settings - Default
When you put some default settings for all users (for example Show chat messages) it won´t take effect for every user. You have to modify this setting user by user

3) Random playlist:
Is it possible that you put following years into the random.jsp by default?

<c:forEach begin="0" end="${model.currentYear - 2014}" var="yearOffset">
<c:set var="year" value="${model.currentYear - yearOffset}"/>
<option value="${year} ${year}">${year}</option>
</c:forEach>

<option value="2010 2015">2010 &ndash; 2015</option>
<option value="2005 2010">2005 &ndash; 2010</option>
<option value="2000 2005">2000 &ndash; 2005</option>
<option value="1995 2000">1995 &ndash; 2000</option>
<option value="1990 1995">1990 &ndash; 1995</option>
<option value="1985 1995">1985 &ndash; 1995</option>
<option value="1980 1990">1980 &ndash; 1990</option>
<option value="1985 1990">1985 &ndash; 1990</option>
<option value="1980 1985">1980 &ndash; 1985</option>
<option value="1970 1980">1970 &ndash; 1980</option>
<option value="1975 1980">1975 &ndash; 1980</option>
<option value="1970 1975">1970 &ndash; 1975</option>
<option value="1960 1970">1960 &ndash; 1970</option>
<option value="1950 1960">1950 &ndash; 1960</option>
<option value="0 1949">< 1950</option>

In Tomcat installation you can modify manually this file and it works. But in Windows install this change won´t take effect after modification random.jsp (server is booted or process is restarted)

4) Social Icon
Can you put this visible by default allthough you have choosed "Show chat messages". In my opinion chatting is much more better via Social-icon.
For further development some kind on sound would also nice

5.1.5200 version seems to be faster than 5.0.3880 that I have been using a while.

I had mystical problems with Tomcat version 8.0.14 in my Win7 64bit OS. Madsonic crashes (left view) and it won´t start to scan my media libraries. Windows installer version scans files ok and also 5.0.3880 with Tomcat works ok.

Thanks for the good job.

Br
-m-
These users thanked the author Magica for the post:
Madsonic
graewulf

Unread post by graewulf »

I upgraded to 5.1.5150 and Pandora also doesn't work for me. I even started with a new database.
Magica

Unread post by Magica »

Hi,

Changing password via login page won´t work.
The password resets and you will receive new password via email.
You can´t log on with username and new password.

This is the email:
Hi there!
You have requested to reset your Subsonic password. Please find your new login details below.
Username: *****'
Password: hLtzoq0p
--
The Subsonic Team
subsonic.org

Br

-m-
These users thanked the author Magica for the post:
jaszladie
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone login to my site and test Pandora mode? It still won't work for me when I am logged in on any of my computers locally, even if using the internal address of my server, or external.

I'd like to know if anyone else experiences the same thing.

Website is: http://buster.servemp3.com

Feel free to create an account, but please don't create "test" accounts.

Thanks in advance!
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
Madsonic
rburns

Unread post by rburns »

My pandora is also not working

@Gurutech
Your URL is not loading properly
http://buster.servemp3.com/

Operation Time Out
I get the
Buster Music!
page title, so everything is resolving, but there is a server error somewhere.
I have very strict Firewall, but I'm not sure if you are proxying a different port or not.

####################### I would like to confirm that pandora does not work for me as well.
#######################
####################### I would like to add that the play queue is empty unless you play something or make a change, and then the previously saved play queue will reappear. This happens for every player
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

You can try http://bustermusic.subsonic.org but that resolves to the same address as the previous link.

All ports are "standard" as far as I know.
baggar11

Unread post by baggar11 »

Another confirmation that Pandora mode is not working through the WebGUI here too.

Server Specs:
Ubuntu 14.04
Oracle Java 1.7.0_72
Madsonic 5.1.5200.20141016.1013
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

yapp guru, your pandora isn't working. tried with GnR - Paradise City and Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden.
It won't fire up.

I con't know why mine IS working.
I have the last version - with installer - running.
The actual beta version is not in use.

http://music.power-server.at

mstest : mstest

try it
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

I tried MadEvil's test server, and it works fine on his server. It's obviously an issue with my server, but I don't know where to start troubleshooting....

I've tried different browsers, but still won't work.

Pandora mode on my Android device works fine. So that tells me it's not the server. But what could it be???
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

on android you have pandora ? nice . i just got an normal shuffle ob iSub : )

afaik the android or the iOS client just connects to the server as "file host" the shuffling, playing and trancoding is done by the mobileclient it self , am i right ?
regarding to this, a working mobil client does not prove the functionality of madsonic ?

so i thin there has to be something on madsonic it self.
either an not clean database, or some transcoding things.

but thats all the crystal ball might tell us ^^
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking also. I'm just using the web client on my Linux box and that's where it's not allowing the Pandora mode to work. I've tried another browser on my Linux box, same results. And the same on my Win8 box. Even my Win10 box won't work properly.
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

just for the record ...
- did you updated to .5300 recently ? ... would be an option
- have you build your db-stuff from scratch ? i had similar behavior due to an misgrown db ...

emm ...

another hint, did you reconfigure pandora - all values - saved it, logout /login, n then tested it ? i remember such procedure with die last 5.1
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, I recently updated to .5300, but I've had this issue since .5100, maybe even before...

I did have to start from scratch as far as the db goes, for some reason it crashed on me and I had to pretty much delete it and start new.

I also did just the other day try changing the pandora selection options, saving them, logging out and back in, but still nothing....
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I thought I updated to 5300, but according to the message I got when I updated to 5400, I was still only on 5250.

But I am on 5400 (beta 2) now, and Pandora mode is working again!

Thanks MadEvil!!!
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post (total 2):
MadsonicDoCC
Rating: 15.38%
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

yeah, i updated as well ... pandora works, and even loads faster than in 5300
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
Madsonic