complete redesign

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
Saklasklas222

complete redesign

Unread post by Saklasklas222 »

Has author any plans for redesign of madsonic? Current sub-madsonic interface was perhaps cool in 2005. But now users needs something better...something like this... www.saavn.com. Give us full html5 expirience please, pretty please...
These users thanked the author Saklasklas222 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Lars
Contributor
Contributor

Re: complete redesign

Unread post by Lars »

hmm, i am sure there is room for improvement and some ppl like it colorful with many pictures.

i rather like the gui as it is at the moment. it is functional and allows me to drill down to what i am looking for with very few clicks. a layout like your example would rather make it very complicated - at least for me (my collection at the moment involves about 100k+ albums and about 25k+ artists).
when i have the choice between functional and bling - i rather go with the first.

my 2cents

cheers, L
These users thanked the author Lars for the post (total 3):
Madsonictaylord1984DoCC
Rating: 23.08%
apastuszak

Unread post by apastuszak »

Take a look at the latest UI from the Ampache project. Very nice HTML5.
These users thanked the author apastuszak for the post:
Lars
Lars
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Lars »

apastuszak wrote:Take a look at the latest UI from the Ampache project. Very nice HTML5.
as i said there is room for improvement. and i did not try to argue in any form against html5. but the ampache example is far more functional than the above mentioned saavn website.
i am always for improvement as long as it keeps original functionality, or (even better) improves on it ;)

cheers, L

ps: here a link to some flash vs. html5 arguments from a neutral point of view: http://news.filehippo.com/2014/06/html5-vs-flash/
there are pro's and con's for both implementations.
and no, i do not try to start a discussion about it here. i am sure madevil will work on it, when more pressing issues are solved ;)
These users thanked the author Lars for the post:
Madsonic
KicknGuitar

Unread post by KicknGuitar »

The UI of subsonic and its mods have been in need of complete overhaul for sometime. I'm sure it'd be a headache to redo the site designing from scratch so I'm not surprised that many leave it as is with minor tweaks. For example, there's been some great work done on Madsonic like the hiding of the chat/playing now section, adjustable playlist height etc. which would feel like the redesign was for nought if totally overhauled. One can dream though, right?
These users thanked the author KicknGuitar for the post (total 2):
DoCCMadsonic
Rating: 15.38%
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

since madsonic and subsonic are written in java , one will hardly find anyone being able to make a new ui ....
thats one big minus point of java.

but hey. mad is doing a great job. things have to work nice and easy ... a bling bling ui is not needed for LISTENING experience XD
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
Madsonic
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

DoCC wrote:since madsonic and subsonic are written in java , one will hardly find anyone being able to make a new ui ....
thats one big minus point of java.

but hey. mad is doing a great job. things have to work nice and easy ... a bling bling ui is not needed for LISTENING experience XD
Madsonic is written in java, but the interface is a mix of JSP and HTML, but knowledge of the java backbone is needed.

a few weeks before I've been working on the redesign of the Full and mini Madsonic Interface.

What do you think? i don't like a confusing bling bling interface too, it should be clear, fast, modern and elegant ;)
Madsonic Mockup.png
PS: Some parts of http://www.saavn.com look nice, but others not :roll: and the client ... holy crap! unuseable ;)

best regards

Other mockups are welcome! :D
KicknGuitar

Unread post by KicknGuitar »

Hmn.. Maybe I'll play a little with it this week. I'm a slow CSS/HTML coder but I find is so enticing to play with. I just started to teach myself some java thanks to Khan Academy so this might be a fun side project. :D
ishmael
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ishmael »

What about a more "tree based structure", something similar to MM for the left pane? (something like http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9186/mm4pulse.jpg)