AWS Instance setup

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
boydhako
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AWS Instance setup

Unread post by boydhako »

Any know if there's a way to get it to use AWS S3 buckets for the file directories? I know about the NAS setups and what not. I just need to do server setup on an actual web server type setup because they block this type of stuff at work. They're somehow able to block my home server setup using both the no-ip/dynamic DNS setup and manually managing the DNS from my domain. Subsonic "used to" work until they started blocking the subsonic sub-domains from when I bought the premiere version. Mainly because sites domains like subsonic and madsonic fall into the same category as youtube and what not.

So, I'm thinking of standing up an AWS Instance using 80 and 443. However, I have close to 300Gb of music. So, the EBS cost will be close to $30 a month. S3 would be a whole lot cheaper. However, I tried using the s3fs fuse stuff to mount the s3 bucket but it's not really pulling/scanning the files even when I have the file cache option set. I see the entries in madsonic, but it's like the files don't exist.

I will admit that I'm running on a trial phase install. However, if this works I have no issues throwing in for a Lifetime plan or other plan.