Problems Connecting to Server

Post your Server Bug Report
andreasdevig

Problems Connecting to Server

Unread post by andreasdevig »

Hello. I'm having problems connecting to the server. On my url site it says "Status: Failed to test web address. Read timed out (SocketTimeoutException)"

The serverlog also says things like "Failed to find UPnP router using Cling library [UPnP/DLNA service is disabled]." I've tried looking up how to enable UPnP/DLNA, and from what I can tell, it's enabled.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
thechez

Re: Problems Connecting to Server

Unread post by thechez »

You need to make sure the port you're wanting to run Madsonic on is open through your router and any possible services you use (VPN, proxy, etc).
Then it should work fine.

I wouldn't worry about the port forwarding. My router does the same but my NAS opens that port automatically for it.
These users thanked the author thechez for the post:
andreasdevig
Rating: 7.69%
andreasdevig

thechez wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 20:58 You need to make sure the port you're wanting to run Madsonic on is open through your router and any possible services you use (VPN, proxy, etc).
Then it should work fine.

I wouldn't worry about the port forwarding. My router does the same but my NAS opens that port automatically for it.
Thank you for your response. I had to turn on DLNA/UPnP in Settings, in my url site. Never had to do that before. Maybe it's because of the new version. But it's working now.
Haven't been abled to download the Madsonic third party software/app again, so I'm just using the Subsonic app with my Madsonic server address for now.
andreasdevig

My internet hasn't been working for a few weeks. Now it's working again, but I can't get into madsonic. When I try to log into Madsonic on my Firefox browser, it loads for a while then says,

"The connection has timed out

The server at 84.212.240.217 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Anyone else having this problem?
andreasdevig

^Sorry, it's working for me now.
These users thanked the author andreasdevig for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%