Madsonic Consistently Hanging

Post your Server Bug Report
TastyJams

Madsonic Consistently Hanging

Unread post by TastyJams »

Code: Select all

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.0 | BUILD: 7600 
SERVER: CPU: XEON E3 | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 12GB | HDD: 4TB
SYSTEM: SERVER
INSTALLER: UBUNTU
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8
BROWSER: CHROME 44/FIREFOX 40
DESCRIPTION: After about a day of running, Madsonic server seems to hang.
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================
As description says, after about a day of uptime, the Madsonic service seems to hang. Visiting page only displays a blank white screen that never stops loading. Restarting the service fixes it, but I have to do this every day. This has been a constant issue since upgrading to the first 6.0 build. Never had a problem with any of the 5.2 builds. This issue is very frustrating as members are always contacting me asking if my site is down when it should be running. If someone can direct me to the log that might have information pertaining to this, I will post it, however I cannot find one.
TastyJams

Re: Madsonic Consistently Hanging

Unread post by TastyJams »

This seems to be an issue still as of build 7760. After looking at my debug logs, I do not see anything irregular that would be causing it to hang.
mp3sponge
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by mp3sponge »

Same issue is happening for me as well. It runs great for a minute while selecting songs to play . then I click 1 more track and it freezes for 30-40 seconds , then works again for a moment. I dont know if it has something to do with the extra details on the group thats being played on the side bar , but something is causing a timeout...

Im running a pretty decent system , so its not system requirements.... and the HDD isn't working hard while it freezes , the cpu usage doesnt spike.... I just dont know.

i7 2700k
32gig ddr3
2x 2tb WD black drives (in Raid 0)
Audio : creative labs Fatality audio card. and a US-122 Tascam usb midi board
Video : ATI 7990

The system itself doesn't freeze , just the loading of the webpage before playback of that track. I've tried IE , Chrome , firefox etc . all do it.

Any help on this would be awesome!

Thanks.

Jay.
These users thanked the author mp3sponge for the post:
boco
Rating: 7.69%
sebass
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by sebass »

I've got this same problem. It seems to happen with some albums only, but not all the time.
Maybe it is some kind of music encoding of some files. If you wait for 10+ minutes is sometimes suddenly starts to play.
These users thanked the author sebass for the post:
boco
boco

Unread post by boco »

Version MADSONIC 6.0.7860.4d1e81f.20160109.0453 - IP address [192.168.150.75]
REST MADSONIC REST API v2.2.0, SUBSONIC REST API v1.15.0
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT, java 1.8.0_65, Windows 7 6.1 Service Pack 1 (amd64) (340.0 MB / 516.0 MB)
Size: Database: 211MB, Thumbs-Cache: 39MB, LastFM-Cache: 28MB, Lucene-Cache: 27MB
Spring.Framework v3.2.16, Spring.Security v3.2.9, HyperSQL DataBase v2.3.3
Transcoder ffmpeg version N-77704-g68eb208 (04.01.2016)
Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers

I have also experienced this issue. Definitely seems to be select tracks that play which causes this.

A tracked labeled as below seems to reproduce the issue: H.O.O..mp3
My guess is the dual .. may be the problem.
boco

Unread post by boco »

Also, when the server becomes unresponsive the log fills with tons of these:

[1/20/16 10:31 AM] DEBUG AbstractDao 11315 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/20/16 10:31 AM] DEBUG AbstractDao 10842 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
jake-

Unread post by jake- »

boco wrote:Also, when the server becomes unresponsive the log fills with tons of these:

[1/20/16 10:31 AM] DEBUG AbstractDao 11315 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/20/16 10:31 AM] DEBUG AbstractDao 10842 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 1555#p5395 ;)
These users thanked the author jake- for the post:
boco
boco

Unread post by boco »

jake- wrote:
boco wrote:Also, when the server becomes unresponsive the log fills with tons of these:

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 1555#p5395 ;)

jake- Did you ever find a solution to this looping issue or what causes it?

Thanks, Boco
jake-

Unread post by jake- »

boco wrote:[jake- Did you ever find a solution to this looping issue or what causes it?
Unfortunately not. I'm restarting madsonic with a cronjob before my scanning time but havent found a solution for the root problem. Sometimes I can use the server for days without a problem and the next day it hangs after one song. I havent found a pattern.
These users thanked the author jake- for the post:
boco
boco

Unread post by boco »

jake- wrote:
boco wrote:[jake- Did you ever find a solution to this looping issue or what causes it?
Unfortunately not. I'm restarting madsonic with a cronjob before my scanning time but havent found a solution for the root problem. Sometimes I can use the server for days without a problem and the next day it hangs after one song. I havent found a pattern.
Seems to happen with my FLAC files more than MP3. I am disabling my FLAC collection for now to see the impact it has.

??Maybe an ffmpeg transcoding issue??

EDIT: Does NOT seem to have anything to do with FLAC Files.
EDIT2: FLAC does make the problems occur more often but not exclusively.
Last edited by boco on 02 Feb 2016, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
boco

Unread post by boco »

I also get the following delays when re-scanning media folders:

DEBUG AbstractDao 3608 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where path=?
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 3608 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where path=?
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 3608 ms: update media_file set present=false, children_last_updated=? where id between ? and ? and last_scanned != ? and present
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4862 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where path=?
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4862 ms: update media_file set present=false, children_last_updated=? where id between ? and ? and last_scanned != ? and present
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 25616 ms: select id, name, type, username, ip_address, auto_control_enabled, last_seen, cover_art_scheme, transcode_scheme, dynamic_ip, technology, client_id from player where id=?
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 29209 ms: update media_file set present=false, children_last_updated=? where id between ? and ? and last_scanned != ? and present
[1/22/16 2:09 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 24578 ms: select id, path, name, enabled, changed, mf_index, mf_type, mf_groupby, mf_timer, mf_interval from music_folder

And lots of theses when utilizing the "Clean-up database" feature:

DEBUG AbstractDao 3369 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/22/16 2:21 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4204 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/22/16 2:21 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4546 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/22/16 2:21 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4751 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank from media_file where title = :title and type = :type and present
[1/22/16 2:21 PM] DEBUG AbstractDao 4051 ms: select id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, g
These users thanked the author boco for the post:
Madsonic
remi

Unread post by remi »

VERSION: MADSONIC 6.0 | BUILD: 7960
SERVLET: JETTY
SERVER: CPU: INTEL XENON | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 32GB | HDD: 2TB
SYSTEM: SERVER
INSTALLER: DEBIAN PACKAGE
BROWSER: CHROME 48
CLIENT: WINDOWS 10

Same problem here....
These users thanked the author remi for the post:
boco
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Do you guys have verry big files (several gb's and higher)? When i start playing a verry big music file, madsonic get sometimes unresponsive, until it has read the whole file. Maybe something going wrong with transcoding?
Heruwar

Unread post by Heruwar »

I used to get this every few days, but haven't had any errors in a few months now after increasing JVM memory a bit with --init-memory and --max-memory.
sIRwa2

Unread post by sIRwa2 »

oke, i think i have the same thing.. im playing flac and transcode to mp3. song play's fine for 3 or 4 minutes. then starts skipping for a second every 2 or 3 seconds..

If i look at processor usage on the host machine.. the skips coincide with a core hitting 100%. when it drops after a second, music continues again for a few sec's

i didn't have this on version 5. just upgraded to 6 and the problem was there from the beginning, streaming to browsers that is.. using Isub does not cause any problems.

Love to show server stats if someone can tell me where the freeking fuck i can find them.

Edit: Switched to Subsonic 6.0.beta1 (build 4676) – February 4, 2016. no more skips and dips for me..
These users thanked the author sIRwa2 for the post:
Madsonic
garyo

Unread post by garyo »

See also http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1766, I think that's the same thing.