Artist Info related to parrent folder

Need help? Post your questions here.
Baldrdk
Has thanked: 0

Artist Info related to parrent folder

Unread post by Baldrdk »

Hello
Im running MADSONIC 6.0.7960.c288541.20160122.105

Is the subject says the artists im my library is not identified right.
My library is organized like:
x:/media/music/"artist"/"album"/song.mp3
And when i select an artist in either the left side pane or form the top "index" or "artist" icon, the identifying text to the right of the artist picture, is text corresponding to the parrent folder of the Artist folder.
So right now the text reads "Music (not to be confused with alternative rock band The Music) was a band .....", because the parrent folder is Music. I have tried to change the folder name and the info changes to reflect that.

Now comes the wierd part....
On the home sceeen (home icon), it actually gets some of the artists right. But only some. I can enter those artists by the home screen and everything is right. But if i enter that same artist by going through "artist" or "index" i have the same problem as above.

I have tried:
remove Library clean database and import again.
Reinstall Madsonic
Change the Library type. Right now it is "Music - Artists"

I am out of idears, pls help....
Baldrdk
Has thanked: 0

Re: Artist Info related to parrent folder

Unread post by Baldrdk »

I found a work arround.
In the latest wersion of madsonic 6.1, there is a function called "mediatype".
In this all my artists are set to "MediaType ALBUMSET", when i change this to Artist it solves most of my problems. YAY
It would be nice if Madsonic identified it right as Artist from the start. Maybe someone can explain to me why i dosnt.
Aktarus

Re: Artist Info related to parrent folder

Unread post by Aktarus »

hELLO,

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE THE LATEST BETA VERSION 6.1.8600 ... ALMOST ALL ARTIST ARE SET TO "ALBUMSET" INSTEAD OF "ARTISTS"
IF I CHANGE THAT MANUALLY, IT'S WORK WELL BUT I HAVE 3951 ARTIST TO CHANGE... IMPOSSIBLE

ANY WAY TO CORRECT IT FOR ALL MY LIBRARY ??

MERCI :) AND SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH !!!