Req: Streaming Jukebox + weighted song additions

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
nelgin
Has thanked: 0

Req: Streaming Jukebox + weighted song additions

Unread post by nelgin »

There was (is) a music streamer called Calliope which was nice, but written in PERL, and somewhat complicated to get setup and keep running but it had a very nice feature that I'd like to see.

There is a player which is a streaming Jukebox, which will randomly add songs to the queue (say, create a queue of 10 songs, when a song is popped off the top, another is pushed into the bottom of the stack) so you get a constant stream of random tracks.

Now, this is where the fun begins,

Anyone who has access to pick a song to add to the jukebox. Depending on the level of access, it'll depend where their song goes in the queue.

Admin or someone with admin rights will have their song placed next in the queue, or under the other admin queued songs. Next you could have family that'll have their songs under Admin users, then friends, then guests. It's almost like putting in extra money to have your song moved to the top on one of those internet jukeboxes at the bar, just based on access level.

Not sure how many people would use it, but I think it'd be a great addition.
These users thanked the author nelgin for the post:
DrAlban
Rating: 7.69%
baxtr

Re: Req: Streaming Jukebox + weighted song additions

Unread post by baxtr »

I would use this.....and to further explain what I would like about it......you could have multiple people at multiple locations add to the playlist and we would all listen to the same song at the same time. I like the suggestion of 10 songs, otherwise maybe one remote user would add 100 before you had a chance, but I have had fun running my subsonic at home, then running another login on my friends computer at his house via teamviewer allowing us to have the same playlist....yes a long winded way to do it, and maybe a bit odd...but it was fun taking turns picking songs and seeing waht the other threw up next
These users thanked the author baxtr for the post:
DrAlban
Rating: 7.69%