Better Podcast Support Android App

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
raidflex
Has thanked: 0

Better Podcast Support Android App

Unread post by raidflex »

I would really like to see more podcast support added to the Android app. Something similar to dogcatcher, so that I can have the podcasts download on my server instead of them taking up space on the phone.

I know I can just have them download to a folder and play them that way, but then there is no easy way to manage them. I would like the ability to have all my podcasts listed and being able to delete them from the phone. I really like the way dogcatcher works with the deletion of podcasts, by which it can delete the podcasts after I have listened to them. This would be a very welcomed feature also.

Basically we just need a separate part in the Android app that is specifically designed for podcasts.
These users thanked the author raidflex for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
guisar
Has thanked: 0

Re: Better Podcast Support Android App

Unread post by guisar »

While it's been a while since you posted this, you did post this on my birthday so I feel entitled to bump the thread:)

For me, I end up using a dedicated podcast app also despite madsonic having a LOT of benefits (like being able to store basically unlimited space). For me the podcast support could be improved tremendously by:

- including the DATE and short description (like you can see on the web interface) so you can tell what podcast is the latest and what it might be about
- Maybe (if the API allows) have some indication of whether you've listened to it or not, sort of like "new". Right now I use "Newly Added" but it's not very accurate and doesn't keep track of what's been listened to- maybe an "anti-star" is tagged when you listen to the podcast.

Just these would be great improvements.
These users thanked the author guisar for the post:
eKeith
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Better Podcast Support Android App

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

yes i will add Podcast support to the Android App soon.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 2):
ClayboyeKeith
Rating: 15.38%