Coverart Files for each Media Folder?

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
hogfan
Has thanked: 0

Coverart Files for each Media Folder?

Unread post by hogfan »

In Settings --> General --> Coverart Files, it would be nice to have the ability to specify different coverart files for each media folder you have added. For example, I have 3 Media Folders, Music, Podcasts, TV Shows. For my Music folder, I like to have no coverart set because all of my files are tagged with albumart embedded. However, for the TV Shows folder, I like to be able tell it to look for "poster.jpg" A third example would be a 4th media folder called Movies. For this folder, I'd like to be able to specify the coverart file as [movie title].tbn.

This way it's highly customizable. Being able to specify a file type for coverart is pretty vague. But if you were able to tell it to look for a specific file name (ie. poster.jpg), it is much more useful for media files other than music.

I am sure many others are using a mediaserver at home, and are also using Subsonic/Madsonic for remote access to their media. For example, I am using XBMC. It would be nice to have a bit more control over the coverart in Madsonic to streamline things between all media applications. I upgraded to Madsonic yesterday from Subsonic 4.8 and am loving it. Great work! The access control lists are worth it alone!

- hogfan
These users thanked the author hogfan for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
hogfan
Has thanked: 0

Re: Coverart Files for each Media Folder?

Unread post by hogfan »

It would also be nice to be able to specify a list of folders to exclude from showing up. (ie. in my movies folder I have a folder called "extrafanart". It would be nice to exclude this from showing up in Madsonic.

-hogfan
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Coverart Files for each Media Folder?

Unread post by Madsonic »

hogfan wrote:It would also be nice to be able to specify a list of folders to exclude from showing up. (ie. in my movies folder I have a folder called "extrafanart". It would be nice to exclude this from showing up in Madsonic.

-hogfan
hi this is already implemented. Look here .. http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

best regards

PS: yes it's a hidden feature ;)