Cooordinate Main Panel with left column

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Cooordinate Main Panel with left column

Unread post by GJ51 »

Any chance of an option to sync the main panel with the left column so that the main panel only displays what's selected from the pick list?

I've never understood why this wasn't a standard function. It seems only logical that when you select a specific folder on the left that the main panel should only display the contents of that folder. It would then be easy to aee everything by just selecting "All Folders" to see the main panel function as it currently does.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Cooordinate Main Panel with left column

Unread post by Madsonic »

do you mean, if you select only one folder selection on the left Panel, the "Random", "New", "all", .... display only
from this folder tree in the main ? This should not be that hard to implement.

best regards
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Exactly! It makes sense. I never could understand why it didn't work that way from the begining. If anyone wants to see everything in the Main browse window, just select "All folders" and you'd see the same thing as the way it currently works.

When I select "New" for instance, I want to see new music most of the time rather than recently recorded TV. If the main window matches the left column it would be way more functional.

Thanks much,

Donation soon ...

Of course if you don't want to upset anyone, I suppose it could be made as an optional feature. Wouldn't think it necessary, but you know there'll always be someone who complains about change. LOL
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Bump -

Just saw this pop up again on the Subsonic forum.

http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtop ... 586#p57586

It just doesn't make any rational sense to me that the main panel isn't restricted to just displaying the folder selected in the left column. The way it is now would be the same as when "All folders" would be selected.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

In Beta 5 i tried a first implementation with RANDOM, NEW, HOT

If you change your selection on the left frame the main frame interact with this filter setting,
to work as before select back 'All Folders'.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
GJ51
tycoonbob

Unread post by tycoonbob »

Thanks you!

This something that has bothered me for over a year with SubSonic but it felt so minor that I never said anything. It's nit picky for me because I have all my artwork embedded and I have folders for Music, TV Shows, Movies, and IT CBT and I mostly am in the Music folder. Seeing icons for TV Show without artwork annoyed me. I'm looking forward to upgrading from 3510 to 3600!
These users thanked the author tycoonbob for the post:
Madsonic