Registration Engine?

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Registration Engine?

Unread post by gurutech »

Any plans to include some form of registration engine, either via MySQL (similar to Marc's implementation), or through Facebook/Google+ ?

Would like to allow users to register themselves, so I don't have to create ID's manually.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
admin
Rating: 7.69%
jonnymnemo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Registration Engine?

Unread post by jonnymnemo »

gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Wondering what the time frame is for updates to the 4.8 branch. Seems to have slowed down a bit over the past month or so. Really wanting at the least a registration engine, even if it requires an external database, similar to SubReg/SubSig.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Old thread, but I am getting closer to having a modest registration engine, with email/username checking integrated into my Madsonic installation.

I have it set up on my server, and verified that it will accept a full name, username, email address, and password. Still trying to get it to accept a "confirm password" field, and a "captcha" of some sort, but once a user enters all of the information requested and clicks "Send", they will receive a confirmation email (provided they gave a valid email address), which they must click on to "Activate" the account.

Two outstanding issues: Currently, the usernames are created in a MySQL database. And I can't figure out how to get the information into Madsonic! Once I can figure this out, I'll pass all the info on to MadEvil to check out and possibly include in a future release!
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

nice
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Fully operational registration, with instructions: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=622

No captcha, as I originally wanted, but it does have email verification.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post (total 3):
MadsonicbaxtrLars
Rating: 23.08%