Picture Gallery

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Picture Gallery

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi MadEvil !

Now that we can edit access rights on a group basis, it would be really nice to be able to share picture albums, and have picture galleries for a better display.
I know it is not the first purpose of subsonic, but this new feature could turn our favorite app into a complete media sharing software !
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 2):
jonnymnemoheiney
Rating: 15.38%
bluescorpion
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Picture Gallery

Unread post by bluescorpion »

Great idea! :D

The pictures should be displayed automatically resized to parameterized pixel size.

BluE
jonnymnemo
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by jonnymnemo »

I'm really looking forward to this feature !
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

I agree. I used to make a request for this on the SS forum all the time, but gave up after it became apparent that it was being ignored. It seems only logical to include an effective photo library browser to make SS and MS a complete media focal point for the home network.

Designing the interface to accomodate and segregate music, video, and photos seems like a bit of a challenge regarding layout and execution. I've often suggested in the SS forum that it migh be better to have seperate modes for the type of medi being accessed along with being able to define default baselines for the players, that is being able to alter default settings such as transcoding for mobile players as opposed to the default desktop player.

I'd very much also like to see the main browser window only display the media folder(s) selected in the left column. That Way if you selected say a photo folder, then the thumbnails in the main browser window would only display photo thumbnails. It's also important that the "Random" display only display material contained in the folders that the user is authorized to access.

It might also be worth looking into the possibility of a drill down selection system for the left column where you could subselect which folders to include in the current browse window. So, if you want to browse music, you might first select Music and then check any music subfolders that you want included to be displayed in the browse window. Likewise for Video and Photos.

I sure do apppreciate the progress of the MS development and hope it continues to improve, Great job so far.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post (total 2):
jonnymnemoMadsonic
Rating: 15.38%
heiney
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by heiney »

bump