Suggestion for better last fm scrobbling support

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
d2freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggestion for better last fm scrobbling support

Unread post by d2freak »

Hi.

I just thought I should bring up that Subsonic and every fork I have tested has had a very awkward way of scrobbling songs to last fm. Since this fork seems to be a bit more geared towards last fm support with some features, I hope this can finally be addressed.

The server scrobbles the song immediately when it has begun playing. This makes no sense and makes the entire scrobble feature useless, because I can skip over a few tracks and they will get scrobbled as if I have listened to them.

I would like to suggest that you implement the correct standard which looks like this:

1. If the song has played for 50% or more, it scrobbles when the song changes.
2. If you have played the song for more than 4 minutes, it scrobbles when the song changes, even if the criteria from number 1 is not met.
3. Songs under 30 seconds should never be scrobbled.

Otherwise the song does not get scrobbled.

You can read about it on last.fms website in this documentation for developers: http://www.last.**/api/scrobbling#when-is-a-scrobble-a-scrobble [had to twist the link a little for your spam system]

I (and I bet many others) would be very happy if this would be implemented. At least number 1. Its by far the most important need for scrobbling. It's how all players have behaved since many years now.
demodulated
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Suggestion for better last fm scrobbling support

Unread post by demodulated »

I would appreciate this feature as well. I get a lot of "false positives" when I scrobble from Madsonic.