Last.fm issue

Post your Server Bug Report
nelgin
Has thanked: 0

Last.fm issue

Unread post by nelgin »

With the latest .war file I got the following error: Settings > Last.fm > Sync Madsonic Artist Summary from Last.FM

Madsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Madsonic Forum. Please include the information below.

Exception net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.CallException
Message Caching/Reloading failed
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_25
Operating system Linux 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64
Server jetty-6.1.x
Memory Used 116 of 177 MB
Stack trace net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.CallException: Caching/Reloading failed
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.Caller.call(Caller.java:254)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.Caller.call(Caller.java:192)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.Caller.call(Caller.java:188)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.lastfm.Artist.getCorrection(Artist.java:430)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.LastFMService.getArtistInfo(LastFMService.java:174)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.LastFMSettingsController.handleRequestInternal(LastFMSettingsController.java:65)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Last.fm issue

Unread post by Madsonic »

Thank you for reporting!

i will fix this with next release!

best regards
nelgin

Unread post by nelgin »

Still not fixed.
WiLLiE
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by WiLLiE »

Same problem here.
Is it possible to manually fix it before the next beta?
mea

Unread post by mea »

I have the same exact problem with 5.0 3840 :(
Fresh install :(
I really want to get this last.fm integration to work... :(
Stratos

Unread post by Stratos »

I have exactly the same problem, but I found a way to resolve it !
Apparently the problem appear only with Jetty (and so with the Standalone version). So, I downloaded the .war tomcat version, installed it in my Tomcat install and it perfectly working now.

Maybe Jetty is not compatible with the LastFM module ?

I hope this will help you,
mea

Unread post by mea »

Great!
If I install the tomcat version of Madsonic, is there a way to keep my existing database ?
I will try to fix this as soon as possible and will let you know!
mea

Unread post by mea »

Hi Stratos !

I installed Tomcat today, created my user and got axx to the manager.
I downloaded the madsonic-tomcat.war file from the forum.
I went to the manager and selected "WAR file to deploy"
and now I can see /Madsonic-tomcat in the applications table.

But when I click on start I get this error message :
FAIL - Application at context path /madsonic-tomcat could not be started

I assume this is a simple permission problem but I have no clue what rights I should change.
I am running on osx.
Here are my complete specs :
Apache Tomcat/7.0.50 1.7.0_51-b13 Oracle Corporation Mac OS X 10.9.1 x86_64

Thanks for your help ! I hope I will be able to access madsonic using tomcat very soon ! Can't wait to see if this last.fm module will be working ! ;)
mea

Unread post by mea »

Got it to work.

Maybe will it be helpful for some people to explain them how I proceeded :

The documentation I found on the net was specifically speaking about user rights to change on folder /var/subsonic
But I checked the logs and this is not correct.

you have to create the following folder /var/madsonic/

then you have to chown it like this
sudo chown yourusername:staff /var/madsonic

Then, restart Tomcat. TADAM --> madsonic is working and the last.fm module as well !

One little question by the way, I was expecting this last.fm module to scan my library and automatically fetch the album art from last.fm. it seems it doesn't do it atm...
Is there any way to get this to work ?
These users thanked the author mea for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Stratos

Unread post by Stratos »

Hi mea,

Sorry for not answering earlier.
Effectively, the main problem when the madsonic webapps doesn't start is because of the rights on the /var/madsonic directory (I have myself some issues with it)
I searched for some time a solution to change the directory but there is no config file that allow to change this value. Apparently, the '/var/madsonic' is set in WEB-INF/classes/net/sourceforge/subsonic/service/SettingsService.class. I did not tried yet, but it certainly must be possible to change the value of SUBSONIC_HOME_OTHER with a Java Decompiler (I tried JD-GUI)

For your last question: there is a 'Last.fm' tab in the settings page with some options. Have you tried it or it is not working ?
mea

Unread post by mea »

Hey Stratos,

Sorry for my own late reply.
I had a crash a week ago and had to reinstall my whole osx system.
I decided to stick to the "normal" non tomcat install of madsonic as it is, in the end, way easier to install.
When restarting madsonic for the first time, I discovered that last.fm module was not working anymore.

Mkdir /var/madsonic
chown yourusername:staff /var/madsonic
restart madsonic

Issue solved !

madevil, if you read this message, can you please take care to add the creation of this folder and the add of the correct rights to next installer ?
I'm surprised not to read more posts about this issue...but this is the solution to fix it.

Meanwhile, maybe should we add a postit post on the forum to inform the users about this issue and the solution to fix it.

Thanks!