Connected thread : http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... dc64b29a92
>> madsonic 6 alpha
Since version 5420 there is no way to copy paste old settings from the madsonic.script file.
With an adminacc logged in you have access to the DB page.
Here you are able to do some DB query stuff . But this is very limited .
Settings which are able to paste in the new DB are :
- user accounts
- user roles
- player values
- user settings
- transcoder values
- user rating values
- podcast channels
- custom avatars
- transcoding2 values
- player transcoding2
- starred media
- playlist values
settings that are able to paste but causing errors :
- media folders >> media scanner service refuses to scan, results error
- podcast episodes >> listed but not shown as downloaded, causes traffic due to new download ( if still available via rss feed ) and causes podcastfile_1 , _2 , _3 etc ...
some things i monitored during the time using madsonic ....
with default settings ( daily media rescan at 03:00, hourly podcast search ):
- the bigger the media library gets , breakpoint at ca. 800 GB the more often the hsqldb crashes dropping the table "media_info"
- the hsqldb is more stable with casual listener behavior -> some random user planying some tracks and loggs out.
- the hsqldb gets in trouble with listeners beeing connected with a daily time of ca. 12 - 16 hrs.
- the hsqldb quits service after around 4 weeks having 2,5 users listening an avg time of 10 hrs. a day using pandora.
another point for the need of switching the database to mysql ( or something else ^^ ) :
- hsqldb runs in RAM, beein initiated with a script file.
-> for users like me :
( ESX virtual machine, shared RAM, ESX managing RAM swapping and other DEFAULT settings )
I got 24 GB RAM physically available, but my servers are allocating 32 GB RAM. ESX handles the RAM giving the machines the needed overhead .
If my devel servers are rendering or doing other stuff OR all MS servers being updated via WSUS the RAM gets a lil in trouble.
This results in crashing the hsqldb . both madsonic instances my 5420 on linux and the 6 alpha on MS got fucked up last Friday during the ms updated .
switching to ie. mysql will prevent such error-events. i never got lost of any data on my MySQL / MSSQL databases.