Issues browsing library by ID3 tag

Post your Server Bug Report
apastuszak

Issues browsing library by ID3 tag

Unread post by apastuszak »

I have been trying to use both DSUB and Ultrasonic to browse my library using ID3 tags instead of folder structure.

Files that play just fine using folder structure are missing when browsing by ID3 tag. For example, I have the newest ZZ-Top in Madsonic. Using folders, I can see and play all the tracks. If I switch to ID3 tags, ZZ-Top has nothing in it to play. One of my ELO albums only has one track viewed by ID3 tracks, but has 14 when viewed by file.

I have tried to refresh my library, recreate the library, I have retagged the files using MP3TAG and MusicBrainz Picard. Changed tags from ID3 2.4 to 2.3 and vice versa.

Any ideas?
apastuszak

Re: Issues browsing library by ID3 tag

Youb can ignore me. Everything seems like its working just fine now.
apastuszak

OK, not completely gone. Still can't browse Weird All by ID3 tags. Artist shows up, but it's completely empty.
pancho16
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by pancho16 »

I am experiencing the exact same issue with either Dsub or Ultrasonic detailed above by apastuszak (Files that play just fine using folder structure are missing when browsing by ID3 tag) using a fresh install of Madsonic 5.1.5080.

For example, I have the an artist by the name of 10 Years in Madsonic. Using the folder view, 10 years shows directly at the top (alphabetically) & can see and play all the tracks. If I switch to ID3 tags, 10 Years disappears. I can search for the artist and play songs that way, but they just do not show up in the view. Switching back to folder view, and voila the artist appears again.

I also validated that that all of my mp3 files are tagged properly (ID3 v2.3) & also tried using both Dsub and Ultrasonic to compare. Both clients experience the identical issue when switching over to ID3 tags so I'm guessing this is a server bug. Refreshing the library, deleting/starting over for the library, has no effect.

I was going out of my mind here trying to figure this out.

Anyone else experiencing this anomaly?

Pancho