Cannot Access from Outside of LAN

Need help? Post your questions here.
CaptainBearfist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cannot Access from Outside of LAN

Unread post by CaptainBearfist »

Hey folks,

So I recently lost the ability to access my Madsonic setup from outside of my private network, and finally figured out after a long (and at parts infuriating) call with Comcast that they switched my WAN setup to use IPv6 specifically with no IPv4 address on the back end (all IPv4 is done through what appears to be 6to4 tunneling). While on my IPv4 network at home, it works on all devices perfectly.

Do you guys think this switch in protocol is what's actually causing the issue? If so, what could be done to fix it? And if not, what could be causing it?
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cannot Access from Outside of LAN

Unread post by gurutech »

Check www.whatismyip.com and see if that gives you an IPV4 address or a IPv6 address. Don't post the IP address here, just if it's 4 or 6.

Also, are you using a *.subsonic.org address, or using your own DynDNS service (such as no-ip.com?)

Try accessing your site through the IP address directly, as it could be an issue with either your DynDNS service, or the *.subsonic.org DNS service.
VatsanM

Unread post by VatsanM »

I have the same issue. I have Verizon FiOS. It was working until I updated to the 5.0 final release. I can access it while on my home network, but from outside I can get to the player. I even changed the default port from 4443 to check if its getting blocked but that didn't help.

I'm on IPV4.

Were you able to resolve your issue?
VatsanM

Unread post by VatsanM »

I was able to resolve the issue by opening the ports on the Win 7 firewall.

Is this a bug with the later release sine i do not remember doing hat for any of the earlier releases.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

VatsanM wrote:I was able to resolve the issue by opening the ports on the Win 7 firewall.

Is this a bug with the later release sine i do not remember doing hat for any of the earlier releases.
hi there,

if you use the madsonic installer simple firewall execption will be set on install.

look at https://github.com/MadMarty/madsonic-se ... #L114-L116

but perhaps in unusual situations this will not work. As you have already noted, it is better to put it manually in addition.

best regards,
Madevil