possible to display artist by tag info not folder info

Need help? Post your questions here.
crazifyngers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

possible to display artist by tag info not folder info

Unread post by crazifyngers »

is it possible to name the artist by the id3 tags instead of foldernames? my foldernames have some characters that are not supported by the filesystem and some foldernames display with strange characters. / ' and any none US english letter seems to be the issue. also where can i get 3680 for linux?

thanks.
ishmael
Been thanked: 0

Re: possible to display artist by tag info not folder info

Unread post by ishmael »

Hello,

I would really like to see options to enable id3 per field (artist, album, genre) etc. while populating DB.
It would be really great in order to list by Genre etc. for people who has eg; X:\Music\A\AAH\01-titlesomething.mp3 and also to show more correct information for people who deals with metadata.
I've encountered alot of people used to MediaMonkey, Jaikoz, Mp3Tag etc. who hasn't divulged into dir structuring per Subsonic model.

This was the feature I really missed when I first tried Subsonic (and now later Madsonic).

Thanks for a great piece of software though, use it daily @work! :D
jsgates

Re: possible to display artist by tag info not folder info

Unread post by jsgates »

Full ID3 Tag support for View Artists by the ID3 tag rather than folder structure would be great. This is actually implemented in the UltraSonic Android app and would be a nice addition to the server as well as the Madsonic Android app.

-hogfan