Column not found: ALBUM_ARTIST

Need help? Post your questions here.
ddjksa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Column not found: ALBUM_ARTIST

Unread post by ddjksa »

Hi

I've just switched from Supersonic to Madsonic. I stopped the Supersonic service, copied the c:\supersonic folder to c:\supersonic-backup and then uninstalled Supersonic. I installed Madsonic, ran it for a few minutes to test and then closed it down, stopped the service and then copied back my database from the supersonic-backup (ie. c:\supersonic-backup\db and c:\supersonic-backup\subsonic.properties) to my Madsonic installation. I then restarted Madsonic and opened it up. Right hand frame is fine but the left hand frame (which should show all my albums etc.) now shows the attached error log - in summary it has a problem with :

"Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Column not found: ALBUM_ARTIST in statement [select id, path, folder, type, override, format, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version from media_file where path=?]
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)"

Can anybody share any light on this or will I have to rescan all my media from scratch again? I should probably also mention that I am running the Madsonic service with local administration rights as my media is on a network drive (worked fine in Subsonic and Supersonic)

Thanks in advance for any help

DDJ
Attachments
Madsonic Problem.docx
(18.44 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Kerrnel

Re: Column not found: ALBUM_ARTIST

Unread post by Kerrnel »

Same issue - same deed (supersonic -> madsonic) ... trying to find an answer and landed here.
Kerrnel

Unread post by Kerrnel »

Any way to add this column manually? I don't mind if it's incorrect - just don't want to reset my entire DB.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

Unfortunately this is the wrong way! :|

if you are copying the DB folder from Supersonic over the madsonic installation you destroying the whole Madsonic database layout.

But it should be possible to make a upgrade, Supersonic has a very untouched original DB layout

1. move your Supersonic backup to a save place
2. uninstall all Supersonic/Subsonic/Madsonic installations
3. delete all traces -> (c:\subsonic, c:\madsonic, c:\supersonic or \var\subsonic, \var\madsonic, \var\supersonic)
4. make a new madsonic installation
5. after installation the service will automatically start (new DB will created)
6. stop madsonic service
7. delete DB folder again (c:\madsonic\db or \var\madsonic\db)
8. delete settings file (madsonic.properties)
9. copy your Supersonic backup (DB folder and supersonic.properties only!) into your madsonic installation
10. rename supersonic.properties to madsonic.properties
11. restart Madsonic service
12. Madsonic detect automatically the db version a will upgrade to newest Madsonic db structure layout
13. possibly it can not hurt to go through all your settings and even press the save button on every settings page
14. make a Full Scan
15. hopefully done

;)

best regards