Linux Upload path madness! [Solved]

Need help? Post your questions here.
nelgin
Has thanked: 0

Linux Upload path madness! [Solved]

Unread post by nelgin »

Where is the upload path set? I don't see it in the Madsonic settings and it's not in the subsonic.sh file.

When logged in as admin the default upload path is showing as "/mp3/!Incoming\Upload-admin" which is not what I am wanting. How can this be changed? There shouldn't be a ! in there, and the backslash should be a forward slash.

I'd rather see an option to configure the upload location and whether to have separate user directories or one big dump directory.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Linux Upload path madness!

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

i change this relict from subsonic, with next build you can change your incoming folder within your settings.

You can also override the directory location by specifying -Dsubsonic.defaultUploadFolder=... when starting the servlet container.

best regards
nelgin

Unread post by nelgin »

Will this be a variable in the subsonic.sh file? If so that'd be perfect. Thanks.

If it's going to force users to uploading into discrete directories, will those be created either as part of the upload process if they don't exist, or when the user is created? If not the user will encounter an error requiring the admin to make the directory, one more step we had to do.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

nelgin wrote:Will this be a variable in the subsonic.sh file? If so that'd be perfect. Thanks.

If it's going to force users to uploading into discrete directories, will those be created either as part of the upload process if they don't exist, or when the user is created? If not the user will encounter an error requiring the admin to make the directory, one more step we had to do.
yes, i rework all script to support to new upload default folder path

Example

Code: Select all

@echo off

REM  The directory where Madsonic will create files. Make sure it is writable.
set MADSONIC_HOME=c:\subsonic

REM  The host name or IP address on which to bind Madsonic. Only relevant if you have
REM  multiple network interfaces and want to make Madsonic available on only one of them.
REM  The default value 0.0.0.0 will bind Madsonic to all available network interfaces.
set MADSONIC_HOST=0.0.0.0

REM  The port on which Madsonic will listen for incoming HTTP traffic.
set MADSONIC_PORT=88

REM  The port on which Madsonic will listen for incoming HTTPS traffic (0 to disable).
set MADSONIC_HTTPS_PORT=0

REM  The context path (i.e., the last part of the Madsonic URL).  Typically "/" or "/madsonic".
set MADSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH=/

REM  The directory for music
set MADSONIC_DEFAULT_MUSIC_FOLDER=C:\Media\Artist

REM  The directory for upload
set MADSONIC_DEFAULT_UPLOAD_FOLDER=C:\Media\Incoming

REM  The directory for Podcast
set MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PODCAST_FOLDER=C:\Media\Podcast

REM  The directory for Playlist
set MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_FOLDER=C:\Media\Playlists

REM  The directory for Playlist-export
set MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_EXPORT_FOLDER=C:\Media\Playlists-Export

REM  The memory limit (max Java heap size) in megabytes.
set MAX_MEMORY=200

java -Xmx%MAX_MEMORY%m  -Dsubsonic.home=%MADSONIC_HOME% -Dsubsonic.host=%MADSONIC_HOST% -Dsubsonic.port=%MADSONIC_PORT% -Dsubsonic.httpsPort=%MADSONIC_HTTPS_PORT% -Dsubsonic.contextPath=%MADSONIC_CONTEXT_PATH%  -Dsubsonic.defaultMusicFolder=%MADSONIC_DEFAULT_MUSIC_FOLDER% -Dsubsonic.defaultUploadFolder=%MADSONIC_DEFAULT_UPLOAD_FOLDER% -Dsubsonic.defaultPodcastFolder=%MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PODCAST_FOLDER% -Dsubsonic.defaultPlaylistFolder=%MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_FOLDER% -Dsubsonic.defaultPlaylistExportFolder=%MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_EXPORT_FOLDER% -jar subsonic-booter.jar
and also with the subsonic.sh script

but there is also a simple gui

nelgin

Unread post by nelgin »

I have verified this seems to be working properly now.

Thanks,
Nigel
These users thanked the author nelgin for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%