Getting the .deb from somwhere that's not 'uploaded'?

Need help? Post your questions here.
rothchild
Been thanked: 0

Getting the .deb from somwhere that's not 'uploaded'?

Unread post by rothchild »

Hi,

I'm just playing about this morning looking at migrating from Subsonic to Madsonic, I went to download the .deb but made an error and cancelled the d/l I went back to do it again and now I just keep getting a message about having exceeded the d/l limit. Is there any way around this or another source for the .deb file to get me started?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Getting the .deb from somwhere that's not 'uploaded'?

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi

You can also download files in this forum as registered user

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewforum.php?f=17

Best regards

PS: i have problem with the build system, so new deb package will come next week.
rothchild

Thanks Madsonic,
I looked in the most recent release and couldn't see the deb file, didn't notice it there in the others.

I'm all up and running now, thanks for the great work on this, it's a great that someone's taking the rough edges off Subsonic, thanks!
Lugoues

Unread post by Lugoues »

There isn't a deb for the latest, unfortunately, but you can just install the deb for 3320 and then download the war for the latest and place it in /usr/share/subsonic.
rothchild

Thanks Logoues,

That probably answers my next question! This 'war' thing is new on me, is it really as simple as just (re?)placing the file in the folder and restarting the service?
sakrayaami
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by sakrayaami »

rothchild wrote:Hi,

I'm just playing about this morning looking at migrating from Subsonic to Madsonic, I went to download the .deb but made an error and cancelled the d/l I went back to do it again and now I just keep getting a message about having exceeded the d/l limit. Is there any way around this or another source for the .deb file to get me started?
Hi,
yes it is quite easy to install the war package. Just make sure you are using using either sudo or root account.

1. Make sure that you have unzip installed, if you don't have -> apt-get install unzip
2. Stop the subsonic service using: service subsonic stop
3. Make a backup of your /var/subsonic folder.
4. Go to the place where you have downloaded the latest war package and run: unzip -o name_of_the_war_package -d /usr/share/subsonic/
(-o parameter for unzip command stands for overwrite any existing files, and -d stands for extract files into exdir)
5. At the end execute chmod +x /usr/share/subsonicv
6. Start the subsonic service using: service subsonic start

You can find the same tutorial under at the bottom in FAQs/Tutorials section of this forum.
And you are ready. Have fun.
These users thanked the author sakrayaami for the post:
rothchild
Rating: 7.69%