No Web player for video

Need help? Post your questions here.
Shark03
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

No Web player for video

Unread post by Shark03 »

Hey first time posting on this forum. i'm having a problem playing videos from my raspberry pi running Raspbian and v5.1.5200 of Madsonic. When I click on any video any file type the player does not load all i get is a black box
imgur /AXbZ6yl,exK6mK1,0LquWgm

I did notice there was a warning saying no transcoder found, but audio works and I have ffmpeg installed so idk what to do about that.

any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

got the black box fixed (the video player was set to chromecast) now its giving me an error in the player saying "error loading media: file could not be played" all my transcoding settings should be good so i have no clue what it could be
sterlingdax

Re: No Web player for video

Unread post by sterlingdax »

I have the exact same issue, was wondering if there was a solution to this? My audio plays fine, it's just Video files. I have tried to turn the DLNA on, and play the files through that as well. The files DO play when I mount the Samba share my media is stored on, so I do know the video files work.
sterlingdax

Unread post by sterlingdax »

I juts thought of this, and can't edit my post, but....I thought it might have been the non-Oracle Java that was causing the problem, but it's not playing now that I have switched that either...
j.joo

Unread post by j.joo »

i have the same issue too :| :| :|