Download option is no longer available?

Need help? Post your questions here.
MitchV
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Download option is no longer available?

Unread post by MitchV »

I like the ability to download my video material remotely. Strangely enough, the download option is no longer available for media in my "Movies" or "Television" groups.

The download option is unavailable whether I am logged in as a User (with download permissions) or Admin.

I'm running MADSONIC 5.1.5150.20140927.0919 on a Windows 7 machine. I have been a long-time Subsonic user, have donated money in the past, and maintain a subsonic license.

In the past few weeks I updated from an earlier version of Madsonic (I think I was running 5.0). I updated after my Subsonic redirect was no longer pointing to my correct IP address. I've had unrelated problems on this machine that have required reboots.

I've cleaned and rebuilt my database and it seems as if even fewer of my files have a download option.

Have there been changes to the way the download option works?

Thanks in advance!
MitchV

Re: Download option is no longer available?

Unread post by MitchV »

FYI - I found a work-around to resolve this problem.

In the database, I ran the following update statement:

UPDATE media_file SET TYPE = 'DIRECTORY' WHERE TYPE= 'VIDEOSET'

When Madsonic builds my database, it sets the TYPE column to Videoset, and either that value alone, or along with other attributes, seems to disable to download button.

By changing the value to DIRECTORY, my download option re-appears.

I would have to do this everytime I recreated my database or added a new video, so I don't consider this to be a solution. In addition, I don't know if changing this value creates problems elsewhere in the application... but is serves my purposes and perhaps it will help with trouble-shooting.

Thanks!
pabohoney1

Re: Download option is no longer available?

Unread post by pabohoney1 »

This is still an issue, even on 5.2.5420. Anyway to resolve this and bring the download button back?!