Podcasts download put won't play.......

Need help? Post your questions here.
jsgates
Has thanked: 0

Podcasts download put won't play.......

Unread post by jsgates »

Completely fresh installation of MADSONIC 5.1.5150.20140927.0920. (I rolled back from 5.2 due to some issues I was having with it). Podcasts download fine, and I can verify the files for the podcasts have download by looking at the physical folder they are in on the server, but they will not play in Madsonic. Music plays fine. I have Madsonic running under it's own service account on Ubuntu server, and I have verified that the account has full permissions on the Podcasts directory. To test I tried running Madsonic under the root account again, but the podcasts still will not play. Has anybody else run into the issue? Thanks.

-Jeremy
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Podcasts download put won't play.......

Unread post by DoCC »

switch log to debug,
show us log info
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Here you go:

Code: Select all

1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Bobby Knows Best
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Subscribe to us on iTUNES!
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Not Too Soon to Celebrate
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Natty, Is That You?
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode This Week in Twitterville
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Crossing State Lines
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Diamond Hogs = Diamond Bread
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode This Week in Twitterville
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode The Great Natural State Stadium Debate
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Detour the Need to Know
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode The FANjita Scale – How Strong Is Your Fandom?
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Clyde McCoy
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Sarsaparil’ Bill
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode MMPC Links 9-23
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Dr. J for Converse Pro Leather
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode The Pipe
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Pat Summerall: A Football Life
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Hitler on Ice
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Reykjavik, Iceland
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Helsinki, Finland
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Stockholm
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Stockholm, Sunset
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Tom Segura’s New Comedy Album
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Mercedes Factory
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Six Year Old Boxer
[1/20/15 11:14 PM]	DEBUG	PodcastService	No enclosure found for episode Bill Burr Believes That Women Are Secretly Out To Ruin The NFL For Men
Here's what the debug log shows when trying to play one of comedian Bill Burr's podcasts. The strange thing is that some of those Podcast episodes are for other Podcasts I have added, not for Bill Burr's.

-Jeremy
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

you told something about that podcasts wont play. ... your log just shows up s/th about not present enclosures ... this has nothing to do with the player stuff
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Well that is strange, but that is what shows up in the logs after clicking on Play for a podcast. I have the Log Level set to Debug. Any other suggestions?
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

I try to play on now, and all I see in the log is this:

Code: Select all

[1/22/15 9:57 AM]	INFO	PlayQueueInputStream	jeremy.gates listening to "The Official Website of Bill Burr/MMPC_1-19-15.mp3"
No Debug lines or anything after.
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

lol : )

ehm with switching to debug you just get more info displayed ... no need to filter for explicit debug lines ...

ok we now can see, the player wants to play this track. the INFO line clearly states it.
BUT the transcoder does not fire up ...
any permission settings on the podcast folder ? or special codecs within mp3 ?

For testing, you could map your podcastfolder as regular music folder,
let the media rescan, browse to the specific folder and try to play from this location ...

give it a try
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

The permissions of the Podcasts folder are Read, Write, & Execute. I'm on a Linux server. I did recently change the Podcasts folder location, but have done a fresh installation and roll-back to to Madsonic 5.1 from 5.2 since then. I'm not sure why there would be a permissions issue on the Podcasts folder as Madsonic is able to successly write the downloaded podcasts to that location. I'll do some more testing and report back. Thanks.
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that Podcasts may be broken in the stable build of Madsonic 5.1 & newer builds. For some further testing, I installed Madsonic 5.2 Beta 2 on my Mac machine with the OSX installer package provided. I experience the same issues with the podcasts not playing just as I do on my Linux server installation. In addition, this is the first time I have ever installed Madsonic on this Mac machine, I elimated server share permissions as being an issue since I used the default Podcasts folder for OSX. It would be good to know if there is anybody successfully using podcasts in the newer Madsonic builds.
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Ok, another test on the original server as we discussed.

I created a "Podcasts" folder within my "Music" folder since music is playing fine. and now podcasts work fine. This makes no sense to me

/export/media/raid/Podcasts ---> Podcasts download fine, but won't play

/export/media-raid/Music/Podcasts ---> Podcasts download and play perfectly

The permissions on both of these folders is 777. I don't get it. This has to be some *nix permissions issue, but I have no idea what I need to change. If I browse both folder locations on the server via WinSCP, I can verify there that the download podcasts files in both folder locations have Read, Write, & Execute permissions.

Any ideas?
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

jsgates wrote: It would be good to know if there is anybody successfully using podcasts in the newer Madsonic builds.
I use them. the work ok if you keep copy past the podcast related stuff from one madsonic.script file to an other, if db crashes.
the podcast reciever it self is not able to do a " if_file_exists" routine. i.e. if podcasts are already stored locally, and you add the feed url on a new installation, the podcast will think the files are not there and starts to download. -.-

i must commit, i am not playing my podcasts via the reciever very often. i browse them via mounted folders, or pandora does it for me : )

besides the above mentioned "bug" i never had any problems with podcast since 4,7
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

... for testing can you please post the podcast feed?

best regards
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

guess he talks about this one MMPC == mondy morning pod cast

http://www.billburr.com/podcast