Login Information - Windows

Need help? Post your questions here.
abraxas

Login Information - Windows

Unread post by abraxas »

I recently tried an update and I have a backup of the old Madsonic directory (Windows Server 2012) and somehow the user information (logins, accounts) and the scan folders aren't listed anymore. I'm not concerned about the last part, only a handful of NAS's to connect but I would like to be able to import the account information in to the new installation. Is there a file or part of a file which contains this which would allow me to connect?

Thanks!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Login Information - Windows

Unread post by Madsonic »

abraxas wrote:I recently tried an update and I have a backup of the old Madsonic directory (Windows Server 2012) and somehow the user information (logins, accounts) and the scan folders aren't listed anymore. I'm not concerned about the last part, only a handful of NAS's to connect but I would like to be able to import the account information in to the new installation. Is there a file or part of a file which contains this which would allow me to connect?
Thanks!
Hi there,

With techdemo III the namespace is complete re-factored to madsonic now.

This mean, if you want to upgrade from an older version before version 5.1.4800.beta2
you have to stop the madsonic service and rename all database files:

.\madsonic\db\subsonic.data --> .\madsonic\db\madsonic.data
.\madsonic\db\subsonic.script --> .\madsonic\db\madsonic.script
.\madsonic\db\subsonic.properties --> .\madsonic\db\madsonic.properties

restart your Madsonic service, the database schema will upgrade automatically and all user accounts
will be automatically transitioned to secure passwords. (no more simple md5 encryption).

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 2):
abraxaschali
Rating: 15.38%
abraxas

Unread post by abraxas »

Thanks! Loving some of the performance and UI loading time tweaks from the past few updates!
These users thanked the author abraxas for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
TheHammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by TheHammer »

Hello all, I have been running Madsonic build 3830 I believe on Ubuntu Server 12.** (I've forgotten as I've mostly migrated off this older computer/system). I don't seem to have the madsonic.data file under db on an rysnc created backup of my older Ubuntu Server build. Are there other locations, as I've searched the contents of "/" in the backup and found no madsonic.data file, that I might find the information to migrate to the stable 5.1 Madsonic build all my settings/users? Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm not sure where else to go!
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

the madsonic.data file is just the database containing your scanned media ... loosing this one doesn't matter, just scan your stuff once again ...
theo nly file that matters, is the .script file within the db directory and the .properties file ...
TheHammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by TheHammer »

Thank you for the information! I wonder if there's a way to dissect what information can be imported under this method? Probably not easy enough for it to matter. :D