App for Windows Phone

Other related stuff
19BernY90
Has thanked: 0

App for Windows Phone

Unread post by 19BernY90 »

Hello together :-)

does anybody know if there is a planning for an app for the windows phone and windows 8.1 on tablets?

Thanks!
Greetings
Berny
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: App for Windows Phone

Unread post by GJ51 »

My readings on the issue indicate that there hasn't been a lot of interest in this area and that the attempts over at Subsonic haven't gone all that well. I don't know if the developer here has plans for a Windows app.

I can't even begin to speculate about compatibility, but there are 2 apps listed on the Subsonic page that you might consider testing.

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/apps.jsp#winphone

Note: These apps are listed as Windows 7 phone apps.
FalseTB

Unread post by FalseTB »

Hey there - recent Windows Phone buyer here - it's a whole new world compared to Android, but it's not all bad...

The Windows Phone versions of Subsonic that are listed here are indeed decent programs. SilverSonic I have not used personally but I've seen a lot of activity online about it.

I do have the one that is plainly labeled Subsonic Music Streamer (I'd link it but the stupid forum says I look "spammy" sigh) and it works fine, save for one thing that drives me nuts. I have to create playlists locally on the phone. It won't read them on my server. Support also seems to be lacking (Email only at this time)

Otherwise, the app works well enough, if a little costly compared to Android apps...
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

I would like to see some development for the Windows crowd as I am really a Windoze guy. I have an ASUS T100 Transformer tablet running Win 8.1 and would like to test a true Windows app for it. I have been using Android on my phone, but only because I couldn't find the size and quality I was looking for in a Win Phone a few years ago. My current Sammy Note 2 has been just about everything I need when I'm out and about so it's pretty hard to give up without knowing that a Windows phone will work as well.

I run several Windows Servers and desktops and tablets, so getting a Win phone is the logical choice - but it's hard to give up something that works well.
utopian

Unread post by utopian »

yep would like a windows phone client as well :)
FalseTB

Unread post by FalseTB »

Wanted to post an update - the guy who makes the "Subsonic" app on the Windows Phone store doesn't answer Emails, and won't respond to feature requests... not sure what's up with that...

HOWEVER, the person who makes MusicPimp does, and he just recently added the feature to Music Pimp that I was trying to find (the ability to use playlists from my home install of Subsonic)

FYI. The version of Music Pimp on the Windows Phone store does it as of today.
These users thanked the author FalseTB for the post:
GJ51
Rating: 7.69%
utopian

Unread post by utopian »

Thanks for that

Musicpimp does the job :)
TonyMonta
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by TonyMonta »

GJ51 wrote: 21 Aug 2014, 17:22 My readings on the issue indicate that there hasn't been a lot of interest in this area and that the attempts over at Subsonic haven't gone all that well. I don't know if the developer here has plans for a Windows app.

I can't even begin to speculate about compatibility, but there are 2 apps listed on the Subsonic page that you might consider testing.

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/apps.jsp#winphone

Note: These apps are listed as Windows 7 phone apps.
Thank you, it helped me